Remember Summer

Lake Stevens, WA

Lets post some pictures. I never did because I am hopeless with the camera. 'Green envy'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

#2 Might be 'Green Eyes'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

#3 'Milkshake' ?

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

A double pink and 'Green Jewel'

Thumbnail by springcolor
Lake Stevens, WA

This might be 'Tomato Soup' Took the pictures too long ago. Do any of you have pictures from Summer?

Thumbnail by springcolor
(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

Here's one of my little hybrid seedlings. I thought it was pretty when it was windy. The petals are yellow on the back tips and pink on the front. It looks colorful when you can see both sides on a windy day.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2011 3:41 PM

Thumbnail by echinaceamaniac

Here's "Pink Poodle".

Here's Echinacea tennesseensis x purpurea. This one was so pretty this year with tons of blooms on long stems. I saved this one from the flood this Spring and it thrived in its new location. I didn't expect it to live since it was under water for 48 hours!

Here's "Mount Hood." I got this one on sale some place. I hope it comes back this Spring. I'd like to see if the blooms are better the second year.

Here's "Tomato Soup" with a butterfly. I liked this one, but I liked "Hot Summer" better.

This is another photo of the first hybrid I posted above. The blooms started out this color and darkened over time. I loved the way they are pink in the middle. This one is tough and survived the flood too. I should be able to take some divisions of it this Spring. I also saved seeds from it.

"Pink Double Delight" and "Meringue" look great together!

Here's another photo of the hybrid in the wind.

"Hot Papaya" was a winner!

Here's a photo of "Hot Summer". The more mature bloom was fading by the time I took this. It was beautiful! I'll post a fresher photo too for comparison. This was my favorite Echinacea of the year 2010.

Here's the first bloom of "Hot Summer." It was changing colors when this was taken.

'PowWow Wild Berry' was ok. The blooks were smaller than I expected, however.

Lake Stevens, WA

Like you hybrid! Vey interesting coloring. My new ones will have there second season so will not be pinching blooms off. That is if they servived the wet winter.
Nice pictures

Thanks. I think these are amazing plants. They always make me feel better when I see them!

Elba, NY(Zone 6a)

Great photos! You all are cheering up my cold, blustery winter night! Thanks for posting the photos!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.