Show me your Scrappy Quilts

Effingham, SC(Zone 8a)

I had decided last month to use my decent sized bit s and pieces for three scrap quilting projects. I'm making framed four-square blocks using 2.5 inch squares and strips and other framed four-squares using 3.5 inch sqaures and strips for larger blocks. The smaller will be made into crate covers for the dog shows using various ribbons as sashing between the rows of blocks. The larger for a quilt for the guest room. I'm also using orphaned pieces of any size, either rectangle or square, and am building out a quilt front in an 'as they come' arrangement... guess my version of a crazy quilt. They'll probably wind up as gift quilts for dorm rooms or something, but found it a good way NOT to hold onto scraps if I can help it. Smaller pieces are going into a baggie for Thunder.

Got me thinking and I'd like to see your scrappy Qs, patterned or willie-nillie........... Will post pics of my blocks (if I can get them to up load) tonite.

This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!