New Bees 01/01/11 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Happy New Year!! Tell us about your day and your plans for the New Year...

We're a fun bunch and we love to chat, so don't be shy!!

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1145457/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Happy Longears, I mean New Years..

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

To the Longeared gang ..... Happy New Year from the Shorteared gang!

Thumbnail by Crit

They are so pretty Crit. I love them.
Charley loves horses. His mama was one....

:-))

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Happy New Year to Everyone...

Booneville, AR

huney bunch happy new yrar to you love nettie mised you on here, thamks for the new thread loca very nice,

This message was edited Jan 1, 2011 6:46 PM

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Enjoy the pictures of the long and short ears! Can't believe you still have green showing in places! We haven't seen green on the ground for months it seems! Just realised yesterday that the snow is deep enough in our yard that I can't even tell where I have bushes and shrubs for the most part, lol!

LOL skellogg ..... that pic was taken last spring. We are brown as a brown cow here now. No snow yet ..... don't usually get any until late January - March.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I know when I lived in TX many years ago, I found it terribly depressing if flowers were blooming in my yard at Christmas! lol! I'm from the north country, and it shouldn't happen! That is just plain wrong! LOL!

This is Hibiscus that greeted me New Years day. I hope this means I'll have a blooming great year.☺

NICE Char

Remind me, Patti. I'll start you a piece. May try it after church today. Maybe it will be rooted by your b'day.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Really? Didn't realise you could root them that easy! Wow! Can you do that with the hardy ones too? Gonna be on the search for them too now so I can take a couple of cuttings, teeheehee!

It won't hurt to try. Rose of Sharons can be started like that to. should be pretty easy now since we have past Winter Soltice, sap is starting to flow to maybe roots will be ready to form too. I will have plenty of ROS seed if you want let me know. I can take cuttings too.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Awesome! Always good to learn something new! They would both be zone pushing for me, but I wouldn't mind trying anyway since I tend to push things anyway, lol! Do any of you know about Christmas cactus? I'm not big on houseplants, but there is a beautiful one in one of the businesses that we clean, and it always blooms the prettiest white with pink flowers! I'd love to sneak a piece of it to root, but not sure if it will work. Any ideas or suggestions?

~BIG SMILE~ Thanks Char!!! I would like some ROS too. You're the bestest!

Nice picture! I love Cardinals. I have 3 sets that hang out around our backyard.

skellogg ...... try this link for holiday cacti

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1146809/

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Awesome Charleen! Rose of Sharon and hibiscus are kind of zone pushing for me, which is always why I want them, teeheehee. Have lots of microclimate areas in our yard, so just takes a little planning usually to make it work. Well, and sometimes a little extra protection for the first few winters too, lol! But DM is zone 5, and just a few miles from here, so I can always try them there too ;-)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Thanks Crit! Great info on that link, and just what I needed, since I know nothing, teehee. Now I have to see if I can figure out what kind it is! Thanks!!

That link can tell you how to identify which one it is too. Some very knowlegable growers there.

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

I'll take the camera with today when we go to work, and take some pictures! I know it's blooming now, cuz we always have spent blooms all over the floor to clean up when we're there, lol!

Good! Take pictures, don't get fired. I have Christmas Cacti so if yo want some I'll send you some, don't want you to lose your job over a plant. Just be careful when you sweep, you may knock a piece off, now that will be o.k.☺

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

That would not be good, but we are just the cleaning crew, and part of our job is to also water the plants, etc. And I am sure they would never notice, lol! Here are pics that I took!

Thumbnail by skellogg
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Here's a close up of the bloom, hard to tell, but it is really almost white, with hints of pink! Very pretty! Only 1 blossom on it now! But according to what I've read, they suggest not to prune back when it's blooming, so I figured I'd wait a week or 2 first. I'll probably just ask them if I can get a couple of pieces first and see what they say. LOL!
'

Thumbnail by skellogg
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Only 1 more

Thumbnail by skellogg
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Anybody have any idea which one it is? Not that it matters to me, but would be nice to know, I guess, lol!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Sandy, just stick a piece in soil, let it dry out a bit between waterings and in no time it will root. The piece needs to be a segment of the plant if that makes sense? LOL

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Ya mean like 2-3 joints? Or is 1 joint enough?

Booneville, AR

rrm what is the little ones name the one in the front, [ooks a little spoiled. nettie.

This message was edited Jan 3, 2011 1:32 AM

Nettie, that is the baby of the group. He is A.T.Monticello, Dh calls him "Beck" he is name foor a fella he works with, that is A.T. part, the Monticello is where we got his Mama, Monticello, Ga. He is a pretty little thing. They are all rather spoilt. Nettie, I read about the birds falling out of the sky. They think it was shock. How strange.
3 joints will work, Sandi. They really do root easy, you won't have any problems. Do like Loca says and you will have a plant.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

1 joint is enough Sandy;o)

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Oh my! Only 1! Super! I'm sure I'll end up with enough for several good starts then! I'm sure they won't mind, but DH's cousin is the office manager there, so will ask her first of course! Can't wait to get some started!

Booneville, AR

rrm they are all nice animals i like them alot. nfttie

This message was edited Jan 3, 2011 10:47 PM

This message was edited Jan 3, 2011 10:49 PM

Thank you Nettie. They are sweeties, that's for sure.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I renewed my subscription for another year, you girls will just have to put up with me!

Sorry I missed the new thread, okay-I'm back with ya'all.

Al

We can "suffer" along. we enjoy your company Al.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks for sticking with us Al - lol... I'm up in April but will renew. Too much here to stay away;o)

Booneville, AR

al you know we love you here glad you are back. nettie wish mekos was back also miss her.

Booneville, AR

strange thing just happeneds to me was on big puter went to new bee chit chat got adds for bulbs for sale don,t get tnat on my little puter wonoer whats going on .nettie.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.