What are the germination requirements for Moonflower vine?

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

What are the germination requirements for moonflower vine sees when they are planted? Do not Cover, Cover lightly or needs darkness?
Soak and nick the seeds before hand?

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

When danger of frost has passed, just poke them into the ground and water well - they will sprout in about 10 days. MARK the spot and cover it with something to keep the critters from digging up the seeds, and they WILL!

Chickenville, FL(Zone 9a)

If you want a head start you can nick the seed coat, soak them in warm water overnight or place them in wet paper towels and a baggy for a day or two and then plant them in small pots or plastic cups with holes poked in the bottom. Place them on a warm spot and they should germinate real quick. Then they need to be under lights in a warm room. They will start climbing right away so will need some sort of trellis.

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Mine always do well and I just nick the seed, Soak in damp paper towel overnight and plant them in the ground, I just make a small hole and cover it ( about a quarter to 1/2 inch deep) I have also started them inside before and that works great too, But, They grow fast inside and you need to keep them seperated away from each other because they like to tangle together if you dont ( Even if you do have them growing on a stick for support) They grow fast and they grow big so it's a good idea to have a good support for them..trellis/frame ect. ...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.