Opinion of Cubits.org

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

Hiya Noreasters! Mmm hmmm, especially today. Hope eveyone had a good Christmas weekend, and are not too overwhelmed with digging out of the blizzard. Anyway, I have a question. From reading other posts, I was concerned that maybe I was being left in the dust, so I went to check out Cubits.org. Doesn't seem to me that there were nearly as many posts there, and certinaly I couldn't find a forum about Northeast gardening. What is the general opinion out there, has anyone used the "other" site?

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

i visit both - spend most of my time here - there is a northeast forum over there although it has not got a lot of traffic - mostly i watch coops at cubits.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I am back and forth with Lilies,Iris,Art.

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I set up the NE one over there as a backup plan in case Dave's disappeared. I only visit once in a while. Too lazy to do two.

Eastern Long Island, NY(Zone 7a)

I can't do two either, I'd probably end up with schizophrenia...

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

The coops there are good. Stick to the Northeast forum here though. A few of the others I visit are pretty good, still not as busy here. The Mid Atlantic one is pretty active.

Its too big - I get lost. If I go there I do politics. Pretty wild.

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably dip my toes in at some point.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm not crazy about it, the only thing I'll do is pop in to the Tea Party forums and MidAtlantic but don't spend any significant amount of time there..

Mid Atlantic over there is hopping, much more than here. I wonder why that happened?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I like both sites. Some of the cubits have more posts than the similar forums here. Most don't. Some of the forums here don't even have similar cubits.

There is a NE Cubit, but it's hardly ever used. I do like to say hello on there to the people who have left DG,.

Cubits is free, and is new, so traffic will be going up, I suspect. Cubits currently has 3,113 members, DG has 5,904 paid subscribers. Unfortunately the DG subscribers goes down each month, this month it went down 40. While Cubits is always going up.

There's good on both sites. Good people both places. I would never give up either now, for the friends I have made.

What I would really like is for DG and Cubits to get along, and one not put the other down. There's plenty of room in the world for both.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.