Lizard ID sought - may be a Brown anole.

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I think this may be a Brown Anole. Do you all agree?

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

I wasn't able to get all of its body - the tail was gone - but looked to be healing. I guess it used up one of its lives.

Hack

This message was edited Dec 22, 2010 2:31 PM

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Here's a little more of it.

Hack

Thumbnail by TheHackster
Williamsburg, MI(Zone 4b)

It's a brown anole and he will grow a new tail in time.

Sandusky, OH

Nice shots Hack!

Columbus, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks, you two.

Hack

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

He is brown now but can turn green within a minute or two--it is fascinating to watch.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

green anoles can turn brown but a brown anole cannot turn green!

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

I see now that there is a tropical anole that has been introduced into the SE US--I'm from Alabama and didn't know this! How do you tell a brown anole from a green anole which has turned brown?

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

it's more from their habit than actual looks. the Cuban Brown runs around on the ground more and has a friendlier demeanor. the Green Anole is more shy and is usually found higher up on trees and shrubs. the Brown has markings that are very easy to see, except when they turn almost black (which they can do when they're older). the Green one, while it has markings, are usually very faint and flecked with blue. when the Green ones turn brown, it can sometimes take a second or two to really see the difference.

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

And now you know how it got its name . . .

Sorry!

;-)

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

LOL

btw, did you find this one in a recently purchased plant? i didn't think they could survive as far north as georgia but they do get transported in plants grown in florida.

Central, AL(Zone 8a)

I'm laughing, Resin:

Thumbnail by passiflora_pink

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.