What are Your Christmas Plans?

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

We are staying home. Just did a one month 7,500 mile driving trip to California, Illinois and back. Took the dog with us. Saw all the kids and grandkids. Now we are looking forward to being home alone. Making rum cake today, and beef for Christmas dinner.

While we were gone, our neighbor did a once-over on our yard with his riding mower so most of the leaves are gone, but a fresh layer of pine needles to rake into beds. There's lots of clipping to do in the yard and it looks like the weather will be pretty nice for that in the next week. How could plumbagos be so beautiful in the summer, and downright ugly now? I had every earlier intention of cutting some starts from the Star of Texas to put in water and share next year, but that didn't happen. It's probably too late now.

Entlie

Lexington, SC(Zone 8a)

We're staying close to home too. We split the day between my family and my fiancees family - so a bit of driving, but at least we get to see the whole family on both sides. Just not sure how the weather might change our plans this year - they're saying it could snow Christmas night now (maybe, sorta, kinda -- they have no clue as usual, LOL).

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

Our weather man is waffling, too. Says snow might happen Christmas night.
Entlie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.