Conversation concerning cats

Wichita, KS(Zone 6a)

FB Friend: Leave your cats INDOORS.followed by an article about bad naughty bird killing cats
Me:the last time I tried to keep our cat inside, he pooped in a tub of valuable Kansas Troubles scraps. The birds are going to have to be faster than the cat :/
FB Friend: its not about the birds. the cats outside bring dirt and diseases back with them. You need to keep your cat inside. Its for your health too. Any cat thats in my yard will go right to the pound! i dont care who owns it. (mmhmm, tell that to Mr. Dogpound guy, he say "me don't do cats lady")
Me: he won't stay in. He pulled the dryer hose out of the wall and busted out of the vent.
FB Friend: well maybe he needs more toys? (ummm, arent' that what the birds are for?")
Me: Nitwit isn't that kind of a cat. I tried to make him into one and that was a disaster. Fortunately, he is very very lovey and all our neighbors adore him. If he gets pissed at me, he goes 2 doors down and sleeps on Mary's couch lol....
FB Friend: well i am glad you dont live in my neighborhood, Is i will say
Me:that's ok:) he's the way God made him and I can't change that. His nature is what it is.
FB Friend: No comment
Me: ok, I just sat down with him and read him the article. I asked him to stay out of dumpsters and leave the birds alone. He didn't say much, he basically blinked twice and started to clean his butt. I'm hoping he'll think things over and get back to me later.

Ok, seriously?! is this lunar eclipse causing rampant wierdness tonight or what! I'll probably get defriended :)

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!