Winter 2010-2011

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hopefully enough people are returning from "The other place" so we can get a little chat going again.

We have a good amount of snow covering our land, 20" is what is official.
I am busy searching catalogs for that one killer variety. Lots of new to me things to try this coming summer. Also going to do more in high tunnels, so getting things that will work there. Even a zucchini that don't need to be pollinated.
I am going to give the fillet beans from Johnny's a try. They offer green, yellow & purple. Wonder how a mixed container will sell. They are only 4½" long instead of 6 to 7 inches of regular beans.

Added a few more hot peppers to the mix. Fun to grow & sell, don't know if we get rich on them! I have 20 varieties for 2011.

Also a couple new tomatoes, Believe It or Not & Massada. Both going in the greenhouse of course.

Happy growing,
Bernie

This thread has 42 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!