side reins, or otherwise?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Http://hunterintraining.blogspot.com

Harley 2011 goals.. any ideas? I am goal oriented, and having a plan keeps me motivated...

How do you suggest I build topline? With Ransom, I did side reins on the longeline, 15min on ride days, 30min on longe only days. I know Harley needs muscle memory, so I am wondering what everyone else would do.

Got to talk to Dale Myler himself yesterday! I filled out a questionnaire about bitting & he called me! We talked for about 20min. He wants me to look at the website, and consider the combination 04 bit. I will look at it... description from him is "it pressures nose and poll and curb before it hits bit/mouth. Much like a halter before the bit engages." Again, looking for input here, too.. (Harley's been going in a sprenger aurigan loose ring french link.)

Getting ready to take Ransom home this morning. Leaving town tomorrow super early for holidays... too much time away from my boys..

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!