Duncan Royale Santa Claus set

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

15 or so years ago I started collecting the miniature Duncan Royale pewter santas. I had almost the complete set when we were unable to find the remaining ones. To leave out a lot of boring details, when I moved almost 3 years ago the set came up missing ( taken from our storage area we believe). My husband recently bid on a complete set ,in the box with certificates, for me an early Christmas present. When they came I was disappointed in that they are the same size but do not appear to be the high quality my original set was. I tried to "google" them to see if I could find something about them to see how to tell if they were "real". I didn't find any info to help me. Guess I gave up too soon.

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell if they are fake? Did D.R. make more than one quality of pewter sets? I know that some sets had different bases, but these look like the same style of my original ones. ( I am NOT saying the person would have sold us a fake set. I am just asking if they are copies made to look like the original. I just know they are not nearly as nice as my others.)

This thread has 6 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!