Tutorial using Silicone caulk for mold

Taylorville, IL(Zone 5a)

OK so I have not gotten any replies so does that mean that the tutorial was not shown here? Maybe it was on another website that I read like gardenweb. I have a heated garage and wanted to cover my mortar mix sandcasted elephant leaf with silicone so I could make more like it during the winter since I have no more elephant ear leaves now. Does anyone know what I have to seal the existing one with before using the silicone over it? Any help would be appreciated.

While searching and reading ALL the information you talented people offer I saw a tutorial where one of you did a HUGH clay sculpture on their dining room table and then showed with pictures and text step by step of how you covered it with silicone caulk to make a mold to be used for concrete or hypertufa. I really thought I had saved the location but of course when you need it you can't find it. Have searched the forum for silicone caulk for molding and don't come up with it. Can you guys direct me to the right link.

here is a photo of my 1st sphere made with mortar mix.

Thanks for all you information.
Regina

This message was edited Dec 30, 2010 1:13 PM

Thumbnail by trashywoman
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!