Velvet Rose Brugmansia

Hamilton, OH

I hope everyone likes this one as much as I do, it was Blooming in September, it's a very good Brug, once it starts Blooming, it Blooms all the way up too Frost

Elizabeth

Thumbnail by plantlover49
(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

Oooooo pretty!! That's a very nice picture Elizabeth. Hopefully one day I'll get cuttings of a velvet rose. I'm finding myself quite fond the of pinks.

Cayuga, IN

Hi Elizabeth put me on your list for cuttings next year and maybe miss B haven,lol. WOW this Brug is beautiful. Rose

Brownstown, IN

Very pretty Elizabeth!
Nice job!

Karen

Hamilton, OH

Hello everyone
contact me next Spring, I know I'll have cutting
Hey Karen, good too see you, the last thread was getting pretty long, I had too dig through my photo's, Velvet Rose is one
of my favorite pinks

Elizabeth

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Fantastic color. I love the pink to white shading.

Hamilton, OH

Thanks mstish
I am glad you like it, it has been a great Blooming brug, when it starts Blooming it stays in Bloom till Frost, oh it's very Fragrant also

Elizabeth

Council Bluffs, IA

very pretty elizabeth,
yes the thread was getting long,hope everyone finds this one.
oh elizabeth, i hope your weather is not to bad,ours here is 12 degrees right now,with winds and blowing snow,tonite 20 below.brr,brr,brr.we only have about 1 in of snow.
we went to see yogi bear in 3d this morning,it was real cool.you gotta go see it.
retta

Hamilton, OH

Retta
Girl I really feel for you, it started raining, then it turned too Snow, but from the looks of it, it's melting as soon as it hits
if it starts too stick, my poor SIL will have too work through out the night, the company he works for does Snow removal
for several store's, I'll wait for Yogi Bear too be on netflicks, I can keep it as long as I want too, My GK's that live with me
just Love Avatar, I have it tapped for them, that one will be Great in 3d, I think I will buy it for them in blueray, I hope you're
staying warm, our weather has been like yours for the past 2 weeks, usually it gets that cold all the month of January, the
cold has come early this year, this is zone 6B after all, the thread was getting too long, I hope everyone makes it to this new
one
Elizabeth

I'll try to remember to contact you next spring, not sure if I will though lol. There just seems to me so many Brugs I find to be gorgeous. I wonder how it compares to Miss Emily, which is the single I currently have.

Council Bluffs, IA

elizabeth,its 10 degrees here right now and yes it is so cold,i sure hope and pray that u up north,don't get it.
and i just love that bloom u posted.sure would like that one in my garden,lol

Hamilton, OH

tikipod
Miss Emily, is such a wonderful Brug, it is a really long Bloom, Velvet Rose is no where near as long a Bloom, if you have
Miss Emily, take care of it, that's one I lost last year, I don't know what happened, but i lost it,I am glad you have that one
the thing with Velvet Rose, it can have a white Bloom along with the Pink Bloom, then the white one turns Pink, it's also
very fragrant

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Retta
I'll make sure you have it in your garden next Spring, around March just remind me, O.K. I haven't checked the weather channel tonight too see what the temp is, where I have my computer it's right next to the register, also I had all new replacement windows installed, that really helps, then the 30th of this month, I am having Blown in foam insulation installed
in the walls, my House is 85yrs old, back then you didn't have to have insulation, like the new house's do, I can't stand
a cold House, I also have a Eden pure heater for the upstairs, it's cost 8 cents an hour too run on the electric, so now
when everything is done it will be cozy
Elizabeth

Of the 4 cuttings I received in Nov it's the one I'm really hoping does well during the winter. It is the one that's been slow to grow but is finally getting there. I have plans for her on my deck ^_^

Hamilton, OH

Tikipod
when it does grow for you, it will surprize you, I hope all 4 cuttings you have do really well for you, next Spring I am getting
Miss Emily again, they do well for me then, when you see her Bloom & smell the Fragrance, you'll love her

Elizabeth

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I thought I had lost MEM and ordered another one from JT and then mine finally came up in Aug. I have the one from JT in the greenhouse and it has just Y'd. I have sold MEM to a local nursery in Tyler and when cut above the Y they usually grow to just over 2 ft. and then bloom, which makes it perfect for retail sales. Orange Sunshine on the other hand, grows about 2 in. and blooms, which makes it perfect for hanging baskets. Elizabeth, we just need to do another trade in the Spring or I can just send you one if you are at your Brug limit. By the way, did I send you a cutting from a Brug to trial for me, it would of been tagged ABADs ?

MEM;

Thumbnail by kenboy
Hamilton, OH

Ken
really pretty Brug, Yes we'll have too make another trade in the Spring, I had a couple that you sent me too trail, they didn't
make it last winter, I am finding out, I have better luck in the Spring with cuttings, than in the winter, you're lucky too have MEM, I wish mine had made it

Elizabeth

Portland, OR(Zone 8b)

Kenboy,
That is very interesting about the different heights of brugs. I have been looking for some shorter varieties (not in bloom length but in actual height).
Does anyone know where to find that sort of info?

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

Elizabeth, I lost you but found you again. Thanks Nettie.
I left a thread link over there to here.
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
I am so glad you found me, the other thread was getting too long, I had too really search my photo's too come up with the one I posted, I had no idea I had so many photo's. it's so cold here, snowing up a storm, they cancelled my GD's school
today, so she got too go with me on errands, tommorrow I have too go get kitty litter, 3 cats really use it up
How's your weather? I am glad you left a link, Thank you
Elizabeth

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

Whoa, I thought I was lost, but Charley showed me the way... *hugs to you all*
SHIVER

Thumbnail by joeswife
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

mstish, almost any Brug cut above the Y will branch early and bloom much smaller that one cut below the Y. If you have a Brug like Orange Sunshine, it will start blooming so early that all the blooms will be on the ground.

Anytime, Elizabeth. I wouldn't have know if Nettie hadn't told me.
Hey! Debra. Charley is a good Track leaver, isn't he?
Love your beagle.
They have been closing schools in N. Ga. Temp this am is 16 degrees
Now ,girl you know that is cold. brrrr!!!!! Aw!!! to have summer back again , or spring, or fall. Just don't care for winter cold, at all.
Charleen

I just found out a seedling I sent away to Bonnie ( AuntB) did in fact bloom and is still budding for her, she said it was a double pink. Of course I am thrilled, but I still have never seen a double anything in the world of brugmansias. That one was a seed I bought from B delph two winters ago, a rubiline x ludgerswindsong. She has promised to send me a picture, when the next buds open. She lives way north of me , and it is a thrilling thing to know she grew it to bloom.
I still remember the thrill of seeing it pop up from a seed.
no moisture here for 24 days, it is soooo cold, I still have some brugs for two more people I promised, and I am afraid to send. however, they are growing really nice in the wait time..
( KEN) this picture is for you..

This message was edited Dec 15, 2010 10:57 PM

Thumbnail by joeswife
Hamilton, OH

Debra
that is a cute Beagle, Love the antler's, Charley is a good tracker, I am just glad too see everyone here
Charlene
we have those kinds of temps, all the way through March, so next month, I'll be glad too have that insulation in the walls
I talk too my DD, that lives in Ga. she said it was really cold there, & that they have had snow, our next snow is tommorrow
night, stay warm, Hugs too you & Charley
Ken
it's always nice too see you

Elizabeth

Hamilton, OH

Charlene
How's your weather today? we are suppose too have another snow storm after midnight tonight, I sure hope it misses
us, the Snow is pretty, I just don't like the cold that comes with it, my Clivia is the only thing I have Blooming right now
it has another Bud starting, I'll post photo's when it Blooms, I hope you're keeping Charley & the girls warm

Elizabeth

SNOW??? ugh. It has warmed up to 38 today. YAY!
Can't wait to see the clivia again, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth, they were at the gate this morning and I gave them each a couple of horse cookies. they look like furballs with legs. So i believe they will be warm. Got them two bales of hay yesterday.
Should last a couple of weeks. Bit warmer here today but sort of cloudy.
Hugs to all ,
Charleen

Hamilton, OH

Debra
Yes more snow today, the schools were closed, they even closed rt.73, it not close too my house, but isn't that far away either, we got total of 9 inches, right now it looks like it has quit, good thing, I need too go too Lowes tommorrow 90%
sale tommorrow on selected items, I bet they're getting the jump on the other stores with the Christmas items, I am glad
you had a warm up 38 degrees here would be a heat wave

Charlene
I am so glad they are staying warm, I can't believe this weather it isn't even Winter till the 20 or 21st, of all the things too happen, my dryer has too be fixed, it spins alright but it dosen't heat up, I have too wait til Monday too get someone out
it couldn't happen in the summer, it had too wait till we had a bunch of snow, I will lay plastic on my carpet since it's in the basement
Hugs back at ya
Elizabeth

Elizabeth, before that guy comes out, have someone unscrew the back and check out the filter, screen, and the vent hose. We went thru no heat for two weeks, I was about to call someone, I convinced dh we could do a check up on it, and now it works perfectly. it was clogged up behind the back plate everywhere, full of seeds and dog hair on the screen filter inside, and the blower vent was clogged up at the join downstairs where it leads down to. Just a suggestion. You will need a vaccuum with a skinny attachment, and long wire something, and a whisk broom. I also used the "Grab it " thing that is long and skinny with teeth for drains. The sun was out all week so far, it is supposed to get up to 40 today.
Char, I bet those mules look cute with their winter jackets on.

I'll get you all some pictures. Not bad temp today. Hope it stays this "warm" ☺Believe it is in 50's. I'm no good at guessing. I know I can run out and feed chickens with NO heavy coat. Elizabeth, our hot water heater is giving us problems so I'm holding my breathe and praying it lasts til after first of year.
Charleen
Hugs to all.

Hamilton, OH

Debra
I will check, the back of the dryer, too see what I can come up with, Thank you, it might just fix it

Charlene
I would love too see photo's of your babies, I bet they're so cute
Hugs back at ya

Elizabeth

Look at these fuzzballs, ain't they cute....

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

the leader of the pack. Mr. Mudball...☺

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Hamilton, OH

Charlene
they're all so pretty & healthy looking, I just know they're you're Babies, from the looks of your photo's it sure looks better
than it does here, they're is snow everywhere, I will post photo's of it tommorrow, it's really pretty but it's really cold
Elizabeth

Council Bluffs, IA

oh charlene ur babies are beautiful,and u have no snow.we have snow over ice.right now its 26 out and so cold.
12 tonite and 26 high tomarrow,and more snow by thurs. brr,brr,
i have been fighting my first head cold in years.not feeling good at all.

i went to fabric store and bought fabric for some little gifts i will be sending out in 2011.not saying exactly when
.surprise.lol
hugs to all
retta

Hollywood, FL(Zone 11)

They are sooooo cute, Charlene!

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

I've heard if you ride a mule you won't go back to a horse, because they are so much smoother riding. I was thinking of buying a big black jack one time, but it didn't materialize.

Beautiful Mules. Love them. *hugs and good morning* College Girl is home and she has the house COVERED with Christmas Stuff, and Joe went and brought home a tree by himself this year it is beautiful, and I stayed up until 2 am re-potting plants, Cut more brugs, and had fun making messes downstairs, now I am off to work.

Love you all and so do my longears. Sending you all sweet warm nuzzles of love. Except right now it is raining, which is great!! No snow so I'm o.k. temp i reading 37 which is better than those teens we were getting.
I'm ready for Spring, aren't you all?????
Charleen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.