GHOST - recovering to a previous date

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

DH has been having a lot of issues wit his laptop [which does NOT have an optical drive] ... I have a GHOST copy from pretty much 'Out of the box" from June of 06. So he'd like me to 'restore' his computer to see if that will fix a lot of this problems.

I honestly believe it's on it's last leg... but hope not.

anyhooo -- when i go to 'recover my computer' ... i get an error that it can not do that while Windows is running and to pop the Symantec recovery CD in the Drive.... well, i dont have one, and my external CD drive is in Wisconsin.

the error says...

Quoting:
This operation cannot be performed while Windows is running. You must complete this operation inside the recovery environment.

then... would you like to continue.... YES ....

then....

To complete the operation, insert the Symantec Recovery Disc CD and reboot the computer. LATITUDEX1. When prompted, press any key to boot from the CD into the recovery environment.

any ideas??

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!