No Irises Blooming now. Anyone else decorating for Christmas

Winnsboro, TX

Well the irises are doing their thing for the winter and we're preparing for santa and the birthday of our Heavenly Father. Anyone else decorating for Christmas? If so show us your decorating ideals and photos.
This one is of my daughter Shannon and the Christmas tree.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

One more.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

Part of our Christmas Parade. I love this one cause it's pulling a gardening wagon just like one I have.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

I'm trying to get out of my funk and get in the Christmas Spirit. Come on and show all of us how your decorating and celebrating this year. Have you been Naughty of Nice? I'm making a list and checking it twice and I know we all could have been a little kinder to someone this year. Reach out during this holiday season and do something nice and very unexpected for a neighbor or stranger. You will add much cheer to their life not to mention it will bring great cheer to yourself. That's what the true meaning of giving is all about. This Saturday the young kids in my Sunday School class are going to all meet up and the church and we're going to be baking cookies and so forth to share with others. I like to start them fairly young that it's better to GIVE than to receive. This is something that both the boys and girls love to do. Then they love to place the cookies in the little bags and help with the tying the bows on all the sacks. It's just a fun filled day and the kids really get excited about sharing their baked goodies with others.

Merry Christmas or whatever you celebrate at this time of the year!
Love Marian

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh my, that is one of the prettiest if not the prettiest decorated tree I have ever seen.
You did it...made me want to start putting out a few decs. I said I wasn't going to decorate much this year since I just don't want to be bothered with having to put it all back up. I know....bah humbug. LOL

Marian, you did a beautiful job.

Nana3

Winnsboro, TX

Nana it's always such a chore to put everything back up after decorating. I don't decorate nearly as much as I use to. I use to have an open house and every room in the house had at least one tree including all the bathrooms. LOL Of course each room had a different theme which made it even that much more fun and of course that much more work. Of course that meant I started getting everything down and ready to start putting stuff up around Halloween or a few days sooner if I could get away with it. Christmas has always been one of my very favorite times of the year and I loved sharing the decorating with everyone. My daughter and I hung the lights outside one day last week. She did all the work I just handed her the little plastic things to clip onto the eves of the house to hang them straight. LOL She also hung some on a couple of trees. We put huge red ribbons and garland up and down the driveway and big Wreaths at the gate. I'm about worn out from what little decorating I did do. Today I worked outside in the yard and over did that too. I start one place and then I see something else I need to do and then something else and so on and so on. Therefore I never do just one or two things like I was planning. Now I'm down in my back and hip and will be on the heating pad the rest of the evening but the back yard looks alot nicer. (grin) Now get your Christmas decorations down and start putting them up. Be sure and take some photos to share with us so we can see what your doing.
Merry Christmas and God Bless You and Yours, Marian

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

I Agree, Such a beautiful tree. I love all the red and silver and giitter. Love that mantle too. Your daughter is very pretty too. Looks a lot like you.
I had to go look again. Yed-I LOVE IT>

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Marian, that is the most beautiful tree! It looks like you really put a lot of work into decorating. It is really beautiful.

Winnsboro, TX

Lights on a tree next to the Koi Pond out front.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

Dolls and Santa's.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Winnsboro, TX

Ok already. Will you stop looking at all the Christmas junk and feed me?

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
South Hamilton, MA

At least his bowl is red.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Sweet.

Vail, AZ

My wife is really into Christmas. She woks at Build-a-Bear for fun. We have a Santa collection.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

and a Santa tree

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

and a big tree

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

and a southwestern tree

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Vail, AZ

and a hearth display, I hope the pictures do it justice. I took the pictures in the day time so you could see everything, but it's more beautifull with the lights on.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Bakersfield, CA

Great Christmas trees, santas, etc! I'm still working on mine but hope to finish in the next couple of days. I always work at a snail's pace -- every ornament has its place, you know, and I just have to study the tree until it speaks to me!

South Hamilton, MA

Who gets to put up the trees? great collection as well. We don't have a tree as yet. Last package mailing goes out tomorrow.

Vail, AZ

I get to put p the trees and I decorated the big tree. My wife does all the Santas and we do the other one together. Since we don't have the grandchildren in the neiborhood any more, there was lots of quiet time to work on it.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
South Hamilton, MA

I bet it could be amazing when grandchildren helped.

Spicer, MN

That is the 'fulllest' tree of lights I've ever seen! Awesome! I hope your wife appreciates you!

Bakersfield, CA

Really beautiful trees, Red. Makes it all worth it to see them all lit up at night!

Winnsboro, TX

I have to agree I liked the Big Tree all lighted up. It's BEAUTIFUL. I loved the mantle and the Santa displays also. I'll take some more pictures of some of my other junk tomorrow and post them.
Ya'll keep em coming. Let's all be sure and get in the Christ-mas Spirit.
God Bless each of You!
Love Marian

Bakersfield, CA

I finally finished my decorating, although I have to leave absolutely nothing under the tree at this point because of the kitten, plus everything within kitty reach is unbreakable. Amazingly enough, he is leaving the tree alone after a couple of days of trying to eat and play with the flocking. But boy does he ever love those red/white poinsettias on the lower level of the entrance hall table!

My colors this year are red, white and silver with my flocked tree. I couldn't decide on pictures, so I'm throwing a bunch in. Hope that's OK. And there is such a difference between using the flash and not using it! The first group will be with the flash, as it really shows off the flocking.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

Next I must show off my tree topper. My sister got me this great owl for my birthday and did the entire top of my tree for me. Love it!

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

This shot includes my mantel area. I saw someone put big ornaments upside down in candle holders on HGTV for Christmas decorations a few years back and have been doing that ever since -- and you know "overkill" is my middle name...

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

A close-up. I have been collecting birds, butterflies and dragonflies for years...

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And my entrance hall table and wreath.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And now with the flash off. A bit blurry, unfortunately, but this is what it really looks like when the lights are on.

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And my fantastic tree topper...

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

Close-ups:

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And my little shrunken Santa head -- pretty blurry, actually, but I love it...

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And a close-up of my entrance hall wreath. This really is more the actual wall color in the room, and somehow to me this wreath looks pretty tiny in the picture. But it's really a couple of feet across. And more birds!

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

And I wanted to finish with a picture of these darling "wine bottle Santas" that my sister makes. She sells them at a local craft show, and I think they're absolutely adorable and use them as Christmas decorations. She's very creative!

Thumbnail by Betja
Bakersfield, CA

Is this picture a little clearer than the other? Ouch! I need to improve my photography on lights!

Thumbnail by Betja
Vail, AZ

Lights are hard to do justice to. Very nice decorations just the same. It's a lot of work, but well worth it. I can hardly wait for Christmas. I just learnd that my son is coming home for Christmas. I have 4 daughters and one son, 3 step children, 7 grandchildren and 7 step-grandchildren. Here's part of the crew. The older folks are my parents.

Thumbnail by redheadclan
Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Betja that is just gorgious. I Love all the red-white-silver. I am into birds and when I did floral design used a lot of them in my Christmas pieces. I have several of the white long tailed and red also to use yet so maybe next year. We will not have a lot going on at home this year so not much decorating.

Hey gang if we can't look at Daylilies and Iris and other bloom this time of year this sure takes their place. Thanks for sharing and if anyone has more bring it on as these are great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.