(Aunt_A) April Campbell

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

April Campbell, known as Aunt_A here at DG passed away 12-06-10. April was one of our DG writers and we all enjoyed her articles. She leaves us with a wonderful legacy of gardening knowledge and humor.

April was a frequent visitor to our Prayer Forum and many of us were recipients of her sincere prayers.

She was also a gardener with many interests and talents, which is why she was so popular as a writer. Her wide range of topics assured everyone of finding something they could enjoy when her articles appeared. This link will take you to her list of published articles: http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/by.php?user=Aunt_A

We'll post again with her arrangements as soon as we receive them. Her nephew, MitchF will forward the information as soon as it is ready.

Thumbnail by melody
Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

So sorry to hear that she is no longer with us! Prayers going out for her family and dear friends.

Southwest, VA(Zone 6a)

I am so very sorry to hear of her passing!
My condolences to her family and friends!
She will be missed!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I am very saddened to hear of April's passing... I loved her articles very much and saw her post her sincere prayers for many on the Prayer Forum. God must have needed a wonderful new angel. My prayers go out for her family and friends who I know will miss her so.

Kelly

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry for their loss. May God provide comfort and wisdom in the coming weeks and months.

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

Oh, what a shock! She was such a sweetheart, funny and so comfortable being just who she was.
I am so sorry, my prayers will be for her family and friends.
Thanks for letting us know, Melody.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

she looks to be a mere child...certainly too young to leave us yet.
my sympathies go out to all who knew and loved her. i can tell by her smile alone that she will be sorely missed.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Sending my condolences as well. She was always there with a prayer for others. She will be missed....

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

She does look very young. So sorry I know she is going to be missed by all.
Blessings to her family.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I didn't know Aunt_A but I knew her nephew Mitch, so I am sure she was a great person that I would have liked. I remember reading her articles too. Some of which are very funny, she had a great sense of humor that came through in the articles.
Prayers for the family and those friends on DG whom she was closest too.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I, too, send condolences to April's family although I didn't know her well. We miss all the flowers in the garden when they are gone.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

April's Memorial Service will be held at Floral Haven in Broken Arrow,OK
on Friday, Dec. 10th at 12:30.
Viewing hours will be Thursday even. 6:00 - 8:00 at Floral Haven.

http://floralhaventulsa.com/obituary/user/show/template?id=7787

(Zone 7a)

That smile certainly shone through her articles and presence on DG - she will be missed very much. Sending sympathy and condolences to her family and friends.

Lindsay, OK(Zone 7a)

Thank you - all of you... i am sending each and everyone of these on to her husband. She was in her early 40s, she only knew of the cancer just months ago in July and now so quickly after a strong fight she is a peace.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

My heartfelt condolences to her family. April's articles were a lot of fun to read and she was an easy writer to work with. My thoughts and prayers are with all of her family during this time.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My heart is broken. Had many conversations with her on DG. I am just stunned. No doubt she is at the foot of the throne today. God bless you, Mitch, and all the rest of her family.

Josephine, Arlington, TX(Zone 8a)

I am so sorry too, didn't know her very well, but Mitch is a good friend. It is so sad that a young person be gone so quickly, May the Lord give her family the strength to deal with her loss.
Josephine.

Louisville, KY

I pray the love of God enfolds each of you and the Campbell family during your journey through grief. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal ~~ Love leaves a memory no one can steal. May your memories be cherished all your days and bring you comfort now and in the days ahead. "There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than 10,000 tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love." - Washington Irving
Peace and blessings, always.
Gary

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

my prayers and condolences go out to her family.

Ocean Springs, MS

So young, but God has her in His glory now. God bless her family and we will miss her dearly! love, julie

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Gary, thank you for sharing that quote. I just lost another dear friend on Monday, and was saddened to hear someone tell her family that they shouldn't cry, because they knew she was in heaven. I contradicted them, and said there was healing in shedding tears, and that even Jesus had wept, so who were they to tell a bereaved father and son that they shouldn't cry over her loss. I shared your quote with her husband, and hope it brings him some comfort, too.

Louisville, KY

Bookerc1, Good for you! It pleases me that you could use a few words to bring comfort to your friend's family.
Peace and blessings!
Gary

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I am stunned. It seems just yesterday I enjoyed Aunt_A s' articles and postings. My heart goes out to all of her loved ones. Thoughts and prayers for the strength to get thru the days ahead.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

What a sad surprise. My condolences.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Still hard to believe.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

So sorry , prayers for all her family friends.. sorry I'm behind.

Mackinaw, IL(Zone 5a)

Thinking of Mitch and all of April's family today. It seems the holidays just hold a magnifying glass to the holes left in our lives when we lose a loved one. Praying for your peace and a blessed 2011.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

so poetically stated......
i was re-reading an old thread the other day and realized that april and i did cross paths at least once. it makes me even sadder to think it wasn't that long ago and i missed an opportunity to know her a little better.
be kind to each other, all of us.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I did the same...found we had dmailed each other a while back..paths do cross and memories fade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.