Brave Geranium still blooming in December!

Tiverton, RI(Zone 6b)

This annual geranium (Pelargonium) bloomed on my outdoor deck all Summer and persisted through Fall. It is now December 6 and the high temp today was only 34 degrees. This annual is still very alive and still has light pink flowers coming up. The water in my fountain is frozen so I don't know why this tender annual never died through the several frosts we've had.

Thumbnail by SabraKhan
South Hamilton, MA

just enjoy.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

A great surprise

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Brave plant. I've got a mini rose blossoms still on.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Some snaps and some roses are still blooming here and the one Pelargonium I forgot to bring inside is still fine outside but I'll try to rescue it tomorrow.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I'd bring it in, it will continue to grow.....mine is and I did the same thing, left it out a few very cold nights.

Tiverton, RI(Zone 6b)

It's too large and "leggy" to bring in as a houseplant. A few weeks ago I did take two pieces off the main plant and potted them up to overwinter indoors. They are now blooming inside, so I'll carry then over until late Spring. I hadn't planned to keep my geranium and mandavilla vine through the winter since I usually just leave annuals outside and replace them in the Spring. Since these two made it through the first couple of frosts, however, I decided they were't giving up without a fight and they earned the little extra work for me to keep them over Winter.

Thumbnail by SabraKhan
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

How nice!!

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty color...it's a keeper.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.