HO HO HO !!!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

How is every one doing in there quest to get ready for Christmas ??? I so far have my tree up and I'm thinking about the rest LOL I used to put lights up out side and all that stuff now I'm not so excitded about it ;0( it was fun when there were small ones around but with just the little mister (Grinch ) its not so fun any more
LOL have fun
Gloria

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Ho Ho Ho back atja Gloria......I know what you mean......I don't even have a wreath up yet....and Its doubtful I will do anything outside like I use too.....I would string garland and big red bows and white lights all across my picket fence that has my perennial garden inside of it. I will probably put my little tree up a few days before Christmas......

Deann

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Merry Christmas everyone!!

I'm doing all my shopping online. So far so good. :) I only put up a small tree. One year I did the garland and red bows on the picket fence but the wind here is terrible and beat it up pretty bad. It's too dang cold to do anything outside. We put extra pine shavings down in the chicken coop. I hope the hens don't freeze to death. Single digits are coming.

Stay warm everyone.

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi girls where did every one go there used to be a lot of people on this site !!! hope your Christmas season is filled with all the love you can hold
Gloria

Hastings, MI(Zone 5b)

I'm here!!!HO HO HO!
I got my left foot crushed in October and I have been through 3 casts
so far to try to make sense of my bones and joints. It is coming
along, and this is the first time I have been on the computer since then!!!
I have been on pain killers and just so out of it. I am in a wheelchair as
I am still non weight bearing. It has been so hard! My husband had to
travel for the DoD and the Navy, so I was home alone, on this farm
with 5 dogs, 2 Percherons, 25 chickens and 11 black runner ducks,
5 american singer canaries, and two kitties. HElp me!!!! Thank GOD
I had neighbors who came every evening to feed and water animals
outside, and I did inside critters, and start the fire to heat house.

So, we are past that now, and I am happily looking forward to the
sub zero temps coming, and wonderful meals with friends for the
holidays. I like the winter and its enforced quietude. The lack of
bugs and mosquitos, lawn mower noise, tractor dust, manure
fertilizer smells, stressing over too much rain, not enough rain,
will the hay cutters come and why don't they come, and on and on.
Winter here is reading books time, baking a little (very little) and
sewing (when the darn sewing machine is working). : )

My Mastiffs and Pugs snuggle next to the woodstove and my
kitty (Miss Kitty) sleeps now, under the covers next to me. She
tickles my stomach sometimes with her hair. All the pugs are
up on the bed too, its a veritable fart affair. Oy, I meant heart
affair.

Take it easy
Hugs to all
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year
Sheri

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

what a mess Sheri !! so glad your better and that you have great neighbors !!! I'm not crazy about winter but I like the curling up on the sofa and hot chocolate thing !!!! hope you have a wonderfuly restfull winter ;0)
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Sheri, I'm so sorry about your foot and long recovery. I'm glad you have good neighbors too. I hope you continue to heal and enjoy your "quietude" with all the animals. Merry Christmas!!

Brenda

Clinton Township, MI(Zone 5b)

A few days late, but chiming in! Shopping is done but still knitting away on one present. My tree looks beautiful this year and I have some poinsettias and my amaryllis will bloom by the 25th. Tomorrow I am making cookies, cut-outs, shortbread, mincemeat, and one I never made before, a Paula Deen recipe called Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies.

I am also making my Grandma's nut bread. Grandma Clara (who passed 30 years ago) always made nut bread for Christmas morning and never told anyone her 'special' recipe. The family has really missed her nut bread. A few years ago, Mom came across Grandma's recipe box. Inside was the nut bread recipe! That was when Grandma's 'secret' got out, she used the recipe from the back of the Calumet Baking Powder can!

Oh - I received my first 2011 seed catalog this week!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.