we've waited sooooo long''LILIES''

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

i know there are a lot of lilium lovers out there,so heres your thread,.,.heading the list is 'lilium candidum',.,.,.the madonna,.,.the purest of them all,.,.,.who would dare cross breed this species,..,

Thumbnail by g_whizz

heres my 'highly paid' model,'rachael[''the face of this months gazette''],with a pose amongst lilies

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Hi Anthony ...sorry I don't have lillies but I thought I could contribute some links for your thread ...great to see a your very own thread.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/finder/index.php?sname=Lilies

http://www.nature-and-flower-pictures.com/lily-varieties.html
http://www.lilybreeding.com/lilies/

Brisbane, Australia

Rachael is very lovely. So are the other flowers. I don't grow these, but look forward to seeing the varieties. They get a bit lost among all the other flowers.

Karen

Merino, Australia

Beautiful Anthony, I'm making a wish list.
Jean.

im keeping a book of'who what why and when' jean,.meanwhile,heres a very wet burgandy la

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Added to the wish list, Anthony.
Mine are a bit slow. Probably see the rain clouds above them.
Jean.

i had a good crop of 'monte negro's',and sold almost all of them last year!,.,.i kept aside 1 drum',for breeding'-this year they are good 7-9 headers,.the darkness looks a brilliant show

Thumbnail by g_whizz

i sat out near the 'candidum' tonight,took a couple of 4xxxx pain killers,and absorbed the smell,while it drizzled in the humidity,.,.the candidum scent took me back to the 'late 60's- 70's,.,.this is the original of the 3 [so called]christmas lilies,that my aunty bev had growing back then,.,.its quite rare now and will always have a place here,away from all other lilys

Pictures of Lily

I used to wake in the morning
I used to feel so bad
I got so sick of having sleepless nights
I went and told my dad

He said, "Son now here's some little something"
And stuck them on my wall
And now my nights ain't quite so lonely
In fact I, I don't feel bad at all

Pictures of Lily made my life so wonderful
Pictures of Lily helped me sleep at night
Pictures of Lily solved my childhood problems
Pictures of Lily helped me feel alright

Pictures of Lily
Lily, oh Lily
Lily, oh Lily
Pictures of Lily

Can you hear it?

o/k-myself can relate with my girl 'lily'who departed on the 6/6/10,.,.the word 'lily' has a whole new meaning to me now,and always will!heres the american,'black asiatic''landini',..,i have just purchased seeds from america of a species of 'turks cap'-in the same colour

This message was edited Dec 4, 2010 3:49 PM

Thumbnail by g_whizz

this is the deepness of colour,you can achieve,by using pottassium additives,or simple'fireplace pottash' as i do to enrich plant blooms,like this orange asiatic,.,.believe me,it works on daffs,crocus,nerines,tulips-everything

Thumbnail by g_whizz

the 'matrix' lily.usually the first out,but late this year,.,.only about 300 mm in height,but a brilliant show

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

Anthony, so lovely. I'd like to be sitting in the middle of them all and just admiring.
Jean.

Clifton Springs, Australia

Really beautiful,Anthony.
Can't wait for the rest of the ones that you gave me, to flower.....

Christchurch, New Zealand

I was weeding around my baby asiatics today & it looks like I have a bud!
I am so excited, never grown lilies before & these are seedlings from someone who has bred show winners ...
I was told not to expect any flowers this year so major bonus.
Thanks for the potassium tip Anthony, we have a pellet burner so will remember to give the ash to the daffs & lilies.
I normally spread it around the roses & the lilies are in the same garden so that should be a simple task.

lots of water/watered down mix, at the same time,and too late now to apply it,.,.otherwise you burn them

no worries about that Anthony - not cold enough for the fire...
I will reserve that for winter time & make sure to water in well.

my itty bitty bud...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

a great start--thats where i started!--now look at the sick figure i am!,..,ive been out the back,removing the ''big ones'' out of the 'vortex 2',before they are too big for the door,,.some are just over 2 metres,with an expectancy of another 500 mm growth,.,.one trumpet is over 2.5 metres[its a freak]16 heads,.,.now im getting carried away and boasting about my show monsters,but my word i cant wait until show day!!!i need to take 'slomedown' tablets to control my excitement-anthony

Anthony, when is your show?
Was it January, last year.....
The lilium on the tea room thread, looked as though it had paprika tossed on it..what a great effect.....
If you have spare seed, send it over and I will be pleased to be nursie.....I have a Pardi citrine strain lilium almost in flower..one of yours...I love the way that it grows in whorls of leaves...it will be orange.
Good luck with your littlies, Teresa
Post your bud when it opens.

Dianne

the wind is doing its best to wreck the lilies,but i cant do much,theres no-where to move them to,.,.i have sold all of the tango lilies,a lady last night said,'i'll take whatever you have left'!,.,.i'll get some more pics soon,still helping alison and marc with the house and been very busy,.,.lily show is jan 8-9

sorry,all pics held off,in respect of leisa

strange day...
this morning I discovered buds on a mystery plant.
It looks like a lily, I had no idea - have been nurturing a plant for years & then another one came up about two years ago, this one has the buds.
And tonight to learn that lovely Leisa has gone, so whatever this bloom may be it is dedicated to her.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

royal sunset

Thumbnail by g_whizz
Merino, Australia

beautiful Anthony.

there are 2 orientals in this pic-the left i believe to be 'conc-d-or' and the right is a rare double called 'opera house'-believed to be lost,many years ago

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010 3:25 PM

Thumbnail by g_whizz

and I posted the wrong pic, meant to use this one...
the earlier one is the mystery plant I have been nursing along for about 10 years.
It has trebled in size since the elderberry tree was chopped down.
This second one just came up a couple of years ago & I haven't paid much attention to it until now.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

teresa,its an asiatic,of good age,maybe there are a few more tucked away around it!

that is so funny - here I am all excited by my baby asiatics - the first I have ever grown & all the time I have been nurturing one without realising.
I will have to look around to see if there are more.
There is something similar up the road that has yellow flowers, I recognised the blooms as 'lily' but that is as far as I go with an ID.
I should take the camera when I take Copper walkies, I see lots of interesting plants.
For some reason I am noticing lilies more & more.

The Asiatics are a great way to start, Teresa.....so undemanding and so rewarding.

Then just one extra step and you will be growing all sorts of liliums.....

Anthony...how beautiful is this?
It opened this morning...I have had it next to the tomatoes attached to their wire frame for safety.
Love it, love it , love it.
Thank you very much.
I hope that I have the correct tag on it.
Please correct me if I don't.
Pardi citrine x

Thumbnail by Seachanger

my seedling asiatics look different to the noid...
they have dark green strappy foliage, almost like an agapanthus & seem to be doing very well so far.
I like the lime green foliage that fans out from the bottom of the mystery plant.
there is what appears to be a baby in front of the flowering one.
Love plants that give you freebies

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Merino, Australia

Teresa, that foliage reminds me of a daylily. The babies come up just like that too, from the roots of mumma. Let us see the flower when it opens. The buds do look like a bit like daylilies too.
Jean.

having the elderberry chopped has proved a great decision.
we get more light inside the house & the plants are thriving with the dose of morning sun that now gets through

dianne,thats a great sign'lilium pardelinum-american species-turks cap'-hows that!- oh,you can add,'citrine strain/leapard lily'to it as well!,.,.its worth a million here in australia-glad you like it-=-=,.,.check out'cernuum''- i just purchased some seeds,also 'pomponium'-'long wait' but hey,when it gets a turks cap reaction,its worth it!

Merino, Australia

My asiatics look a bit plain against your beauties Anthony. Here is a pretty white, the last one out. I still have a mystery one to open. Jean

Thumbnail by 77sunset
barmera, Australia

Jean that white is so perfect. Colleen

It is lovely, Jean and the pinks look pretty next to it.....

Anthony, now I want L.cernuum and L.lankongense......I shouldn't have looked....

This isn't a great pic.....but the colour is gorgeous.

Thanks for giving me all the info on Pardi.

Thumbnail by Seachanger

jean,a great pic,'white ice''.'look at the green'!,.people want that flower!the more green in a lilium flower,the more desirable it is,.,.and the judges mark it highly,..,brace yourselves;;;;;heres 'fire eyes'

Thumbnail by g_whizz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.