MY Charlize and her opportunity to live a wonderful life!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, no, you must never ever throw away that box.

That is a fabulous story and picture, God bless all of you. She's a Queen already.

Steve, your singing, though, it must be something pretty awful bad, I reckon.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

When I was about her age, my Grandfather, who was a Baptist preacher, y'all, used to be the only one who could get me to shut up and go to sleep at night, sometimes.

He did this by singing to me the folk song Rye Whiskey

rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry!

If I don't get rye whiskey I surely will die!

If the sea was rye wiskey and I was a duck

I'd swim to the bottom and drink it all up!

etc.

He was some kinda preacherman, was my Grandfather.

Lake Stevens, WA

The box!! Best toy of all. In the summer when my boys were small I would go in to Judd and Black and get a couple of refigerator boxs. They made the best forts. The boys would cut holes, paint and pack stuff into them. So fun.
So happy you are having fun with her. Imagination what fun!!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

What a happy moment for you to share with us, Steve.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I have a good voice she just loves to tell me what to do, cause I don't jump at her first request. She has gotten a little spoiled by everyone around her. This illness is a balance of keeping her the special one at the same time learning lifes rules and all of the social lessons we adults inflict on our young ones.
This one was when Chemo and radiation were just finished. She loves her brother.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Beautiful picture of both kids!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Kyla, perfect song from a grandfather, preacher or not. What a wonderful memory.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

thank you. it is not really my memory, I was too young to be smart enough to have one, but it is a family memory. And a treasured one.

Let's hope Charlize gets a smart memory much earlier than I did and so will recall this amazing visit from her Pa. :)

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You are too kind Kyla. Thank you. I know I will remember it. My brave princess ready to shut up PA. LOL

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Sofer, been away from here for months, so this is the first opportunity I've had to say I'm very sorry to hear what your GD is going through, but I'm sending good thoughts and strength her way.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Hi suz. I just saw you on other forum. It is so good to hear from you again!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Steve, thanks, I'm afraid I'll probably continue being a sporadic visitor now, but I'll try to swing by a little more often. :)

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I love that picture of Charlize holding her little brother. Just precious, both of them!

Steve, it's so uplifting to know that Charlize is on the rebound, and that she has a beautiful new brother! I pray the illness will soon be a thing of the past. I've been thinking of you and of Charlize and her parents.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I am spending my week on my sailboat in the cold north winds and with my electric blanket it is wonderfully! Kind of like beinghome next to the fire with my GD. Thank you all for such kindness and prayers

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

So thankful for an electric blanket!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

We had a lovely six inches of snow yesterday and now it is all gone.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Charlize has caught the flu bug from her dad and has stopped eating. The constant vomiting and all has taken 10% of her weight and looks like she will need hospitalization. The fight continues with everyone of her caretakers sick. Looks like a trip to Seattle when I get home. No time to curl up by the fire and hug my dogs. Still batteling here in AK.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Sending extra juju and karma to little Charlize.

Seminole, OK(Zone 7a)

Sending prayers your way.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Continuing good thoughts and big hugs for you all.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Poor little thing! Hope she feels better quickly, and that goes for her caretakers as well. Hugs and good thoughts.

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Still thinking of you and yours... so hard for the poor little one and for all of those who love her. More hugs and good thoughts coming from us!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

We're thinking about your family every day.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Adding my voice and prayers and well wishes, Steve.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Today my beauty is doing real poorly. She got the flu vris and with no immune system is failing the battle. I am headed to her on sat to help her mom and dad. Please pray for a miracle! Thank all of you for your prayers!

This message was edited Jan 20, 2011 9:52 PM

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the information. she's sitting right here in my heart, Steve.

Lake Stevens, WA

My heart is breaking to here of you sweet baby being so sick. Have her in my prayers and thoughts.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

oh no, poor girl! Sending good thoughts!

Port Angeles, WA

Prayers for her healthy recovery and for strength to those who love her. So much suffering for such a young baby.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Praying continually.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Steve, you all really really deserve that miracle! I sincerely hope it happens for you.

My thoughts and prayers added to those above, Steve. She's a strong girl.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I will be by her side in 4 days. She is anxious to see me. I am blessed to be loved by her!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm so sorry your little sweetie is suffering. Your love is with her no matter where you are, but Godspeed to you in your travels to be with her and her family once again.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Sofer, my thoughts have been and remain with your little grandbaby and her extended family. I am also following her blog updates, heart-wrenching as they can be. Such a brave little trooper she is. Your family's strong spirituality has been inspiring as well. Take care and stay strong.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

Adding her and all her family to my prayers, too.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Adding her, her family and you to my prayer list. The power of positive thoughts!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I just finished a week at the hospital and at their home helping with all of the details of the battle. I am exhausted! My poor daughter and her fight to keep her daughter battling. She is remarkable with her faith and her patience. I took over when ever I could and had a wonderful time with my GS and bonded with him tremendously. My GD and I had many times to love each other. She is so angry and does not know how to release her frustrations of the pain and torment of the procedures. While I had her I let her get angry and thump on me to release some of the anxieties that are building up. She started smiling with the beating that she gave me. LOL. I am so concerned with my Leia (DD) as she fights like a banshee to keep her daughter going. It is a blessing to have the time to talk and deal with the big issues with a common Spirit that we both share. I thank God for all that he has given us and pray that the battle diminishes with Charlize for a while. She has stopped vomiting and now has a NJ tube. (nasal-jejunum) to by pass the tormented stomach. She has lost 1/3 of her weight with the battle and with this tube can gain and grow. Thank the people who love her so much at the hospital. We as soooooooo blessed.

Dallas, OR(Zone 8a)

Everyone still in my prayers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.