MY Charlize and her opportunity to live a wonderful life!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

This is the story for my GD Charlize who is having the battle of cancer. She is my blessing of such a strong 2 1/2 year old doing her battle with cancer. She is at this time starting Chemo and Radiation for a Clear Cell Sarcoma. I will use this site for all of the following story of her blessing and battle through this challenge.

Everett, WA(Zone 8a)

I didn't realize she was that young - for some reason I pictured her as 5-7 years old.

If you're typical of your family, they must be tough stock, but that doesn't make getting though it easier - just possible.

Best wishes and prayers for all three generations to come through it strengthened!

Corey

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

My heart goes out to you and your sweet grandbaby as she enters the ring. I am holding you both in the light tonight and for the coming year.
(This is a Quaker expression meaning I am praying for you, that the light of the spirit surround you with love and support)

This message was edited Dec 1, 2010 11:02 PM

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Tonight I called to talk to her and she was vomiting. Her chemo started today. The beginning of her strengthening to survive.

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Sofer, I'm the proud father of a beautiful 2 1/2 year old girl and I've been following your story with great sadness and I empathize with you. I am trying to put myself into your situation and it just breaks my heart. I will keep praying for Charlize, her parents, her grandparents, and her doctors.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Steve, I'm so sorry for Charlize and all her family. I will be praying for her daily. Waaaaaay too young to be going through this. My heart goes out to this little girl and her parents.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all.

~Emily Dickinson

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Begining Chemo yesterday Charlize was being her self with a occasional vomiting during the night. She was unable to talk to me when I called because she is quite tired. My daughter Leia has begun her planning for the hospital she will visit for the arrival of my new grandson. The name is being hidden from all of us so I have named him "Roldolfo" just to make them laugh. While typing this I just thought I haven't talked to him at all in her belly like I did to Charlize. That makes me sad.

Lake Stevens, WA

Steve
Thank you for this thread. I have your Charlize in my thoughts all the time. I know this treatment will be hard but I pray she can tolerate the procedures. Then go on to a wonderful life.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

And congratulations on the new grandson. My family has been near this same situation twice and my heart and hopes with be with you and yours.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Well my Daughter reported all of the many details of the process of chemo-radiation and all of the scheduling of this. This of course is during my Daughter C-Sec on Monday being scheduled with all of the moments of bravery my daughter has sustained. I am proud but also concerned for her with all that she bears. The joy of my grandson on Monday will be an uplifting moment of Joy! Hope all is well there. They didn't comment to me last night with how Charlize is doing because the chemo has made her quite ill and they know I cry with worry. But right now all is what we can expect.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

That is good news. I am serious, what help will she need with a new baby and an ill daughter? I am here for you all.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

I understand all your pain and can empathize. My best wishes to Charlize and the battle of her life. I truly wish her the best.

I have a good friend and they had twins that were preemies and are finally out of the ICU after a year and a half, they live in an oxygen tent at night only. It is quite a relief that they are doing so much better.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

AD you too have had a battle that continues. I will pray for your daughter and her little ones. My Daughter is excited for the arrival as all of us are. She is a strong person with her faith. We truely believe in what ever happens it will be glorious. I am anxious to talk to her tomorrow before the surgery. The fear is captivating but not accepted by any of us for the outcome.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I've had 3 c-sections - your daughter will do great. When the c-section is planned, it's so much easier because your body hasn't had hours of labor first. Tell her to make sure she asks for painkillers before they make her get out of bed. Like at least 30 minutes. It makes getting out of bed so much easier! And once you're up, moving around is not bad. It's just the getting up and the getting back into bed, the first couple days.

Where does your daughter live?

(Judi)Portland, OR

Sofer, so much going on in your life! Don't forget to care for yourself and your sweetie, so that the two of you can be there for all those that lean on you when things are difficult. Welcome to the new arrival! Hope Charlize is doing ok.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Charlize is doing good. They got to take her home today for a good homecoming. She has been spoiled so much at Mary Bridge she didn't want to leave? I think she was tired. Now mom and soon only dad are her caretakers.
I and fighting a virus while working up here in AK but doing well with HOPE: "the feather that lands on the soul singing a song without words that never ends."

(Judi)Portland, OR

Rest rest rest Sofer! Stay warm, take a hot bath, rest - you know the drill! Get well very soon.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

My Charlize is dropping into the post chemo buzz. She is withdrawn losing her color and darkening her beautiful blue eyes. Being home my kids are overwhelmed with care with her, housekeeping, answering phone calls, groceries, preparing for Leia my daughter to have Csec tomorrow and all while she battles contractions with tomorrows blessing! I so want to help bit I am the only help for all the animals on remote AK needing the same assistance. It is a difficult decision to be here. Pray for a needed sense of peace for their home.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Soferdig I hope Leia and the family have some help, this is bound to be overwhelming one way or another. Sending my best heartfelt prayers for peaceful joyous outcomes for you all..... and I agree, please take care of yourself as well, that's kind of easy to forget in this sort of situation but so important.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Support is all around but the phone groceries etc are a personal decision and my Leia is a do it herself type of person. Maybe she will learn delegation. LOL

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Gotcha. Glad the support is available as desired tho.

Port Angeles, WA

I've known of several children who have had cancer. It's enormously more difficult on the parents and those who love her. She knows no different....this is life as she knows it and she isn't old enough to realize that it isn't fair.
Love her, cherish her, put your faith in God ( or what power gives you strength ) and remember, there has never been a better time in the history of Man to have cancer. Science and medicine has never been better and the odds are strongly on her side.
Wishing you a blessed Christmas and a Truely Wonderful New Year!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I agree with the utmost trust in my Christ. My grand baby has not eaten or slept until last night. But when rested she is our angel. My daughter is the problem now with a daughter and new baby who wants her to do it all. Please pray for her to just rest and let the rest of her family take over. Her Csec stitches are painfull and she is exhausted. I so want to be there and help but there is so many who need me here in AK. My DD told me to work so I am. Guilt! But God is blessing me with all the pets up here. Soon to be holding my GD and my new GS!

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Charlize went to her chemo followup and her white cells are storming back. I get to take her to the zoo lights in Seattle. Yahoo!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

That's great news!

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

So happy for you all. Have a great holiday.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Oh what good news! Nice Christmas present!

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Steve, you and your family are in my thoughts and also Julie's. We are cheering for you with each and every step you take, and we know how many there are!

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Have a fabulous time at Zoolights. I am so glad the chemotherapy is doing what it needs to do and her strong spirit is bringing her through.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

You all are so wonderful to care and love me. Merry Christmas to all at our family at DG. Off to my new baby GS and happy GD tomorrow.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Godspeed to one and all.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

She got her third chemo and needed transfusion today. Still fighting with little complaint. Get to see her tomorrow!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Enjoy your visit with her and also the new little one! Hopefully it'll be a good day for all concerned. I bet having you around cheers them all up immensely.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

I had a wonderful time with my Charlize. She had energy and couldn't get enough time with "PA". She is my friend.

Thumbnail by Soferdig
Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh, what a beauty she is, Steve. Watch out for that magic wand, though, she may just ring some changes on everyone. (As if she hasn't already.) ;)

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

That is quite the wand! What a beautiful princess!

(Judi)Portland, OR

So sweet to see her at play - love the outfit!

Lake Stevens, WA

What a sweetie! Glad she is feeling so well after the treatment.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

She uses the wand to "turn off" grandpa's singing. I always sing to her to cheer her up and she always gets a big smile and says: "Grandpa stop singing" I of course don't until she runs and get the magic wand. LOL
I built her a space ship out of cardboard and left over stuff around the house from Christmas gifts. She at first didn't know how to use imagination and we got her going by looking into the telescope and viewing stars then I put on wrapping on my head and played space man monster for her to shoot paper at. She got it pretty fast now they can't throw away the box. oops!

Thumbnail by Soferdig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.