hydroton update

Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Fokea edulis - now (today) - after 1.5 months

Thumbnail by Little_things

This is the day I put it in! Good reaction so far SALLY!

The mesembs also doing well

I put in a few just to see the reactions

Parodia cutting..sitting nice and tight

The euphorbia stella doing well - bit too much sun, and a spider who made it home! One thing I have get used too- lots of spiders here (small) but they travel with the seabreeze.

Oh, Sally, the topping did not make any difference and the water levels do go down faster than I anticipated. I do let the mesembs go right down, but the fokeas keep me busy - LOL!

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Very good! I put a few plants on it, and got worried, as my Massonia depressa just kept its leaves in the air, its probably in shock. I got some Dyna Grow KLN(?) shock and rooting hormone and used it on all to help get new fine roots going. But good show. Maybe our results are different as you are in the growing season and I am not.

Yeah I think so...also did more or less what you did, fluid root hormone, and vegetative, mineral feeding at about half strenght. The succulents are in morning FULL sun from about 7am - 1pm! I am not playing - I want to see what happens....and well nothing..they are growing well..the lithops is making new leaves and all off them are nice and tight, which means their roots are settled.

Yardley, PA

They look great. My Fockea edulis just started with more new vines. Thought it was going to sleep.

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

Fockea sleeping? I think that they walk around crusing for my other sleepers that are now in the garage that they can' reach the doorknob on. I wonder if they should get the same poor lighting and 45-55F days the rest are getting. Pseudobombax is holding leaves, Uncarina lost its, Orinthogalum has wilted. Glad they are protected from the Fockea, as could you imagine Fockea x Epiphyllum? Or X Orinthogalum.

Really gotta go to class now. But could not resist a joke.

LOL! - you have me wondering about the 5 juvi's I have with the lithops!? LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.