Is my Adenium obesum starting to flower?

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

It may be way too early to tell but I'm feeling a bit anxious and curious. The new growth is obviously fuzzy so I don't think it is new leaves. What are your opinions?

Thumbnail by jfr1012
Yardley, PA

Not sure what that growth is but my Noble Concubine has a couple new flowers. A little late in the year but I'll take it.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Congrats on your flowers! The new growth on mine may just be leaves. One of my others had started putting out fuzzier leaves at the top, so that could be what is happening. They keep getting too close to the light and I have to keep raising it. However, the leaves on the plant I have shown are completely glossy above and underneath. I think I just need to ignore it for a bit and learn some patience!

Arlington, TX

I don't have any adeniums that have fuzzy buds either.
C

Yardley, PA

It will be interesting to see what the fuzzy buds are.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

looks like the flower calex to me
should bud up soon ;)

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Any news?

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

The growth turned out to be buds but unfortunately they didn't fully develop before they started falling off. This is all that's left of them as of yesterday. I read this could be due to too much fertilizer which is very possible since I'm still new to growing these plants.

Thumbnail by jfr1012
Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

On a brighter note, one of my others has started to flower too and this one seems much more promising. I stopped feeding this one out of fear that it would drop its buds too. Could anyone recommend a good fertilizer and strength for Adeniums in flower?

Thumbnail by jfr1012
Arlington, TX

Mine often do that indoors in winter, I think light might be an issue. Once they start dropping some of their leaves it seems the buds just don't mature. I have one making buds now.
C

Yardley, PA

I also get an occasional flower in the winter. It is always a nice surprise.

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Success! I love waking up in the morning to find open flowers.

Thumbnail by jfr1012
Decatur, GA

Fabulous !

Arlington, TX

Thats a very nice clear white, do you know the name of the cultivar?
Cheryl

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

No, unfortunately I don't know the cultivar. I would be interested to know myself. I purchased about 10 seeds on ebay and don't know anything about the plants they came from. I'm guessing that it was just a random lot. I never expected to end up with a plant with such beautiful white flowers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.