Yvonne's Salvia seeds

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

I have about 20 Yvonne salvia seeds. Would like to trade for anything I don't have..lol

Elaine

Nowra, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hi Elaine,

would you trade overseas?
I have done one trade to the US and it went fine. I live near the coast 2 hrs south of Sydney, so zone would be probably 10 but i have plenty of hardy salvias,some of which are in seed now. Let me know if you are interested an i will see what may be suitable and in seed that i could trade.
Best Regards
Gary

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I would be interested. I have the usual,, black/blue, snow nymph, phyllis fancy, scabra, and others. Our climate is pretty mild,, except next week when it will be down in low 20's.. brrrr. It usually is only in 30's here in winter, but can get hot/humid in the summer.

Thanks,
Elaine

Hi Elaine, sorry to be so slow but have been super busy. Things are starting to slow down for me now work wise so i thought i should check in. I have convered your temp to our celsius and see you are a bit colder than here. I used to garden in a similar climate but am now closer to the coast so lows are above 30 F usually.Nevertheless i have a good range of salvias but are mainly interested in anything i cant get here.
In seed now are S. apiana, S. chiapensis, i have some collected seed already and will check other plants for seed.Would be happy to get Snow Nymph even scabra as i used to have it but moved.
Anyway let me know if you have anything else tucked away.
Regards
Gary

Thumbnail by garygardener
London, United Kingdom

Er.......Phyllis' Fancy is a sterile hybrid, and never sets seed.............until now???

Hi Robin, i think Elaine means what she has growing in her garden.
Elaine what about S. sagittata Mosquito?
Regards Gary

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes, I have Phyllis Fancy.... growing nicely in the greenhouse,, not seeds. But, you know, now, I will have to check all those blooms carefully....
thanks,, LOL

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Gary, I have been very busy now and through Christmas also. Would love to trade sometime in January,

Thanks,
Elaine

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

I've grown Phyllis Fancy for several years and never seen seed. Easy to do by cuttings, but as Robin mentioned above, Sterile hybrid.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

You can keep the Yvonne's Salvia...no thanks. I tried it in 2008 and it grew terribly...barely 15-18" in height. It was supposed to grow between 4-6' based upon all the info and pics I read before I sowed the seeds and planted them...
I'll share 2 pics...

Here's a pic...(from left to right: Lady in Red, Subrotunda, Yvonne's)

This message was edited Jan 29, 2011 4:12 PM

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Here's a pic, showing the same section on the right with 'Lady in Red' in front, then 'Subrotunda', and then the'Yvonne's' was replaced with 'Praeclara'... AWESOME! That's what I wanted...a sea of red Salvias with the heights from low in front to high in the back in that end garden section.
I'm sticking with 'Praeclara'!

Thumbnail by SusanLouise
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

oh,, that Praeclara is beautiful. My Yvonne's didn't grow that tall either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.