Pebble Mosaic with Mirrors

Southern California, CA

I bought a plant pot at Lowes and adhered small pebbles (a part of landscape walk on side yard) with GE Silicone ll. I was stumped as to how to finish the top off when I saw a similar pot in a library mosaic book. They used mirrors, so I bought some at Joannes. I like the contrast of the dull natural rock and the shiney man-made mirrors. The book's pot also had some broken pottery about 1/3 up from the bottom. Unfortunately I was almost finished with the pebble pot mosaic, so I couldn't incorporate that idea. I really liked the contrasts of the pebbles, pottery and mirrors, though. It looked like something that had washed up on the beach-maybe for my next pebble project. I dabbed the plastic rim with burnt umber to take away a little bit of the too plastic look.

Thumbnail by J2222
This thread has 34 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!