New Bees 11/23/10 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Winter has arrived and it's cold outside...
For you Southern folks - what's going on in your garden?
For our Northern friends - what plans are you making for spring?

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1135679/

Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1141449/

Newbies that get lost and found here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

How about a rose in winter bloom?

Thumbnail by ridesredmule
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

That is one pretty bloom!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Hi Gang - I'm home for the whole week! Time to get the turkey ready, thawing in the fridge now.

Al

Yep, Mine too. think I'll start Potato salad by boiling the taters.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'll hit the grocery for the last minute baking stuff I need after work today... I plan to try and get some of my pies made tonight, then finish tomorrow after work. Also I usually get the bird ready the night before then I just have to toss it in the oven Thanksgiving morning. Prep all my veggies and herbs that need cutting up - fun fun fun!

Durned near burned thse taters. But I rescued the good ones and got them made up. I'll see if Robert Likes them. Poor (NOT) Robert...☺

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Actually I'm in charge of the 22 lb.turkey, everybody else brings the extra stuff. We have three grown kids plus spouses and granddaughter Livy visiting tomarrow night, not Thursday. Our two sons must do shift work on Thanksgiving Day. It'll still be a fun meal.

Al

I'm baking a Impossible Sweet Potato pie. first time, hope it is good. Smells good!
The Potatoes didn't burn, but they browned on bottom. got the top ons out and they are o.k. sometimes I have a heck of a time. Got the Potato Salad made to....☺

Booneville, AR

thanks nuch for the new thread love nettie

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

rrm .... if you are gonna do cooking while on DG, you need to set a timer to tear yourself away from the computer! :-)

That's what it was too. I narly goofed up but thankfully I didn't.☺ Got there just in time.

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm planning a poppy pot for out front. I was thinking of Purple and Blue poppies with maybe some Orientale around them. Then I'm planning a large "bog pot" for a few "buggy" locations.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

I got a new baby today :-) He's a loverboy..

Thumbnail by MechelleT

oh wow- he is beautiful

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Hey Mechelle! He is beautiful;o)

Good looking boy there. What are you going to do with him?

Pretty, Mechelle.

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

He is a very broke, well trained boy and he is only 7!hopefully we can enjoy him on the trails for many years to come ;-)

Marking my spot!
I'LL BE BACK!

Thumbnail by mekos

OH ....... ok, he didn't look very tall. Thought maybe he was a Welsh Pony or something for someone. He has sweet eyes.

Booneville, AR

oh my i think i have done to many tast test today im glad its almost fenished now if i can sleep for the food smell happy yurkey day hope ypu all have a good day love nettie

Nettie, you take it easy, you work too hard. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Mechelle, THE HORSE IS SOOO CUTE! I love it.

Booneville, AR

save me a place in the middle of them pups looks like lots of fun to me nettie.

Two thumbs up and a big smile, Nettie. Lots of fun! :0)

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone;o)

Got my pies baked (apple, pumpkin and pecan), the bread toasted for the dressing, veggies chopped and carrots and green beans... Made cranberry sauce. Now I'm beat and heading to bed.

I love to cook but always so glad when it's all over...

Booneville, AR

love the horse i can,t ride anymore was my favorite thing to do before i got old. and got down in my body.love snd hugs nettie

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Everybody home last night, we're taking it easy today. Will visit friends this afternoon for leftover buffet at neighbor's house. Ah yes, I love the leftover part! Okay - just one last batch of Pillsbury rolls to bake, see ya.

Al

I hope everyone enjoys their turkeys. I won't be ... I gave up on Turkey and am making a pork loin.

Booneville, AR

bird day is over now got to think about the fat man in red . have alot of grand kids takes us from ont year to the next just to get ready, sure is fun to watch them. need to go to bed ran the vaccum sure made me tirde must be out of shape uper part of the statr got snow today glad we didn.t we may get sleat or freezing rain sure hope they got that wrong sounds cold to me i can do without it. love and hugs mekos love those pups for me.

As a kid when we'd go to a buffet my Grandpa would always tell me "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach." I've just realized that as an adult it's changed to "Your eyes are bigger than your garden."

How are the pups Mekos?

How was everyone's holiday? I avoided the bird because I got food poisoning from turkey I cooked earlier due to a broken thermometer. Thankfully my pork loin turned out excellent thanks to my new oven thermometer (Dad bought!)

LOL Glad it was wonderful Tikipod! Pups are little FAT pigglets! We also had a great day. Glad it is over though.

Babies are 1 week old.

Thumbnail by mekos

picture makes me want to pick one up and just breathe in that wonderful puppy smell !

Booneville, AR

oh my goodness need to stop watching hgtv. home improvement bill would stroke out if he thought id been watching this. i get upset with unfenished projects the people in my house will start things but are not good about fenishing things. i could win a 2000 dollar make over for my kitchen.not because i never enter anything like that . i have a uew range hoob in the storage building all ready bought and paid for now if my handy men would get on the ball id paint it myself,the kitchen i mean. and id stop whining not, what i could do is install it myself bit im not good with a tape measure it has to be vented to the outside boy could i make a mess.i think i could drill a hole stick the saw in it and cut a hole in the wall. but i better not.love you all nettie.

Booneville, AR

mekos i love the little black one with the white spot on its tummy big hug from me. nettie

I LOVE puppy smell .... and puppy breath! :-))

Well, Nettie, I'm gonna be praying for those men to get busy on your range hood and get it installed for you! I need to paint my kitchen too. Too much to do before Christmas.
Puppies were 1 week old so I figure a picture each week will be good to show how they grow off. Glad you all liked them. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and weekend!
Turning off COLD here this week. In the 20's and LOW 30's at night. Rain today or tonight and it sure eels like snow weather in my joints! But only suppose to be rain. (Drat!) It's rotten to FEEL it and not GET it.
OH well, got to go fold clothes and clean some.

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Cute puppies!

Al

Middleton, TN(Zone 7a)

Love those babies, Mekos!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.