Tawas Walmart

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

It looks it may be closed for a few days. They had a fire.Smoke and water damage.
Story going around that a kid playing with a lighter started it.
Rotten time of year for this to happen..

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

My husband and I were interviewed and on TV for this story. We went to Walmart to shop on Sunday and the parking lot was practically empty except for the disaster team type trucks. We asked a man up by the door filming what happened. He then told us there was a fire the night before and would be cleaned up and ready to reopen at 4 that day. He then asked if we'd be willing to be interviewed and we said yes. The reporter came over and talked to us first. She told us (off camera) that someone had lit fire to a Christmas tree. I asked if it was on purpose and she said it was and what did we think of that. Anyway, we talked to her about 5 mintues but most of it was edited to some sound bites but there was good picture of us on the news.

We went back the next day to shop and all was fine. There were still cleaners in the store wiping down shelves. I couldn't smell smoke. I think as soon as the smoke was detected the sprinklers came on so that is what damaged things. I'm glad we were able to shop. The Walmart store is our main place to shop all the time and I'd be really upset if it closed.

The man who did this was no kid. He was 31 years old. The story changed from what she told us. Instead of a Christmas tree it was changed to "holiday towels". I guess you can't say "Christmas" on television any more. :( No reason has been given on why he did this. He's in jail though with a $250,000 bond. He was arraigned and they showed his picture and name on TV.

Wierd story. So many dangerous people out there. You aren't safe anywhere. Kind of creepy.

Brenda

Glennie, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks.People working there had many different stories..
We will be going tomorrow..
Have a great Holiday..

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

It will be interesting to see if they ever tell what the real story is of why the fire was started. Have fun shopping and have a good Thanksgiving.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.