Here's a couple of clems blooming now:

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Oops...here's pics

Thumbnail by Inthegarden
Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Here's another...

Thumbnail by Inthegarden
Colleyville, TX(Zone 8a)

What a difference a zone (or two) makes! Lovely! Do your clems have any dormancy period?

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

We've had Liberation, Henryi and Dr. Ruppel bloom in the last few weeks. Any blossoms in November are so welcome.

Athens, PA

Arlene

and you have such a gorgeous Liberation too. I am just hoping to see all of my clems come back in the spring. We had such a difficult summer this year with so little rain, it was all I could do to keep things alive.....

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Bananna18, only during winter. I have another one budding and Ramona is flowering too.

Thank you, Carolyn. Liberation is one of my top five, which changes as the clem's bloom, of course.

We had a hard year here as well with the drought but those clem's with feet firmly in the shade (like Liberation, montana Grandiflora, Henryi, Anna Louise, Dr. Ruppel) did well. We'll see next year how well the others did but today my helper and I loaded many of them with a few inches of manure so that will be of some help.

Here's Liberation in the hopes it will encourage more people to buy it.

The word 'montana' does not have an upper case M since it stands for 'monster' in French. I wish I knew that before I planted it on the fence of the dog's pen because it IS a monster and wants to take over. Just thought you all might want to know that fact.

Thumbnail by pirl
Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Arlene, wow, that is just beautiful; mine are not that big... I want them to be 'monster' size too. What type of manure?

Funny! The Liberation wasn't the monster. Liberation is the largest of all the clematises I own.

I'll attach a photo of montana Grandiflora - tons of blooms but grows by leaps and bounds and I do not and will not feed it! Here's a portion of it. This year I cut it back by 8' on one side and just as much on the other side. I'll be doing that annually. Imagine if I fed it!

It has already choked out the Pink Champagne you can spot at the right side in this photo. I have to keep trimming it so it doesn't choke out Liberation on the opposite side from where the Pink Champagne was.

Regular old manure (either cow or horse - I'd have to check the bag) for all the other clem's.

Thumbnail by pirl

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.