What Were Your Best Performers?

MD &, VA(Zone 7b)

I have added a lot of new hosta's this year between purchases and trades. But of the ones that I had previously, I have a few that have performed wonderfully.

Big Daddy, looked great all year and is still looking great
Francis Williams, also looked great all year and still does
White Christmas, was great this year, still looks great and actually just finished blooming.

Most of the others are really looking the season and starting to look pretty awful, but of them shade fanfare was gorgeous this year.

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Hi Jody, I think I could probably give a couple that did real good but I think the best was So Sweet. The color of the plant is so bright and colorful and it is still blooming! I guess you can't ask for more. sue

Topeka, KS(Zone 5b)

Jody -- I'll agree on the Big Daddy. What a fast grower and a good looking hosta!

One of my absolute best was Guacamole...added lots of new growth and never had a slug hole or burn mark. Gorgeous!

(*~*)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Jody - My Abba Dabba Do has really looked great all year, and still looks pretty good. A new one for me this year is Blue Shadows. Even with the cool weather, and this late in the season, not a mark on the leaves yet! And my little Pooh Bear has out done it's self. I have a very new Island Charm (thanks to you!!!!) that looks great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.