Can anyone with a Blue Spruce question

Bendigo, Australia

Hi there everyone. I am reposting this, I got a comment but I didn't get an answer last week...maybe there is someone on now that can help...The hubby and I have been to Erica and Walhalla last weekend and where we stayed at the Mt Erica B & B, down Gippsland way, there was this large 20ft+ Blue Spruce. The proprietor showed us this Blue Spruce that has, what she called her Christmas decorations, atop of the tree. She said that she doesn't know why it is different up top and I don't know if it has been like it before, so, I said I would check here with the clever people on this site and ask, if anyone knows why the top of the tree is different to the rest of the tree. Could they be immature pine cones and if so, why are they not all over the tree? I will post 2 pictures, the top and the bottom and you will see what I mean by the different adornments at the top. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to be able to let Robyn know. Thanks in advance. Cheers

Thumbnail by chrysies
north coast nsw, Australia

this is a blue spruces immature cones.

Thumbnail by breeindy
north coast nsw, Australia

and this is there mature cones, any look like yours?

Thumbnail by breeindy
Bendigo, Australia

Thanks Breeindy...that's what they look like exactly...sorry I havent checked in till now and u posted this 2 weeks ago. I really appreciate yr reply. I have let the lady that owns the tree know what you have posted here. Cheers GG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.