Cry for HELP in kitchen

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

This kitchen needs help. Just put in lovely granite countertops a few months ago. The cabinets were here when we moved in - not real wood. High gloss white with branished bronze knobs and faucet and 2 ceiling lights are also bronze finish. Biscuit color sink. NOW - I need color.

Choices are: We can take off the doors and my husband has oak which he can trim out the cabinets and we could buy glass doors - maybe. But this is the expensive route.

Add color to the walls - what I really want for a fast fix. The only colors that go with the stunning wood work in this 1910 home seem to be yellows and greens. Blue and purple never work. There isn't much light in there dispite the 2 windows and 1 door. We are considering knocking out the wall not shown so I didn't include that.

I currently decorate with my useable cast iron skillets. The floor is hard wood, dark. I will post several pictures and hope to get some expert advice.

I don't want wallpaper in the kitchen because the former owners used spackle to make the rough walls because nothing is perfectly square. Wallpaper done in another room was a pain because the lines were not perfect.

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
This thread has 62 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!