list of slug-resisting plants

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Try some salt in the water.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have a KOI pond and when I clean out the leaves, I always pull out a bunch of empty snail shells. Do not see them in the landscape except empty shells in the pond. Maybe the KOI eat them.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm sure that is true. Koi would suck those buggers right out.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Even with goldfish, I have to watch what I put in the pond. I put in a couple pots of houttinea (sp? I just it hootenanny) in one year, and the next year the fish ate it as fast as it came up again. Ended up with just little stubbles. Last season I went with basic pond weed as I don't care for the smell of hootenanny anyway (pretty as it is).

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

haven't been to a hootennanny in a long time. LOL

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Slug resistant plants: any plant growing in Montana. LOL

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

*snork*

Seattle, WA

I'm with the rest of you in my feelings for slugs (and increasingly, snails). Baaaad! I have little luck with "old faithful" marigolds, but there I think the slugs get LOTS of help from the earwigs, which are also nocturnal. The huger varieties of marigolds do seem to do a bit better--very unscientific. I was remembering a friend's luck with ducks kidnapped from Lake Washington years ago, but I doubt they'd get on well with either my cats or those rotten coyotes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.