Winter comes tonight to Calgary!

Calgary, Canada

It is plus 7 this afternoon and
they are predicting minus 7 for tomorrow
which will feel like minus 15 with the wind chill.

Got to dig the snow shovel out!

It did wait until mid November this year!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

yes.......... will be 10-15cm of snow tonight...... yikes - I'm not ready for this!!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Please just keep it there for now :-)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I hope we're a little north and west/east of the worst of it..... the weather map looks like it!

Calgary, Canada

There is no wind, so it is quite nice out there.
Protection for plants, moisture and nitrogen to feed them.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I took the dogs out for a walk a couple of hours ago- not too bad, almost no wind, a tiny bit of snow coming down. But we mostly had to walk on the road because so many people have not cleared their walks yet.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I just heard that we're to expect another 5-10 cm of snow between now and overnight Wednesday.

Calgary, Canada

Looks like a real winter for the next week or so.

We keep on gardening---in the windows, under lights and in the 'frig.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I've been offered some time working in a garden (around a 3 story walk-up) to get it ready for winter LOL I'm supposed to meet someone there today, on 16 St and 11th aveSW LOL should be funny. All I can really do is see the size of the property they need cared for. If it works out, I may be returning in the Spring to prep for the Summer.... (such as it is LOL)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I hope you cancelled that met up Susan - best to stay off the roads today unless essential. I was at LH this morning and I dont have far to drive and on main roads and it was still not fun! If they are not ready for winter by now it is a touch late! Winter started 2 days ago!

I have a new winter skirt to wear at LH - it was a joint effort between me and the costume mistress, she will add more trim another time. Much nicer to wear than my 'summer' skirt which is terribly heavy and very full.

Thumbnail by fancyvan
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Carol - that's a beautiful skirt & blouse - is it all finished now? I remember last year that you'd lost quite a bit of weight and had to take it in but it wasn't finished.
s'funny - that skirt is the Exact same colour as the backing for the quilt I'm finishing for my mom! I love that "dusty navy blue" colour.

Yes, I cancelled the meet up.... I phoned her and left a message - I'm not sure if she got my message. We were to meet at 3:45 and it's almost 3:30....
I think, if a Chinook comes, that I can wait for the snow to go away (hope, hope) and do the clean up then..... After all, she didn't call me until Monday afternoon, and the snow "hit" in the evening. I hope she isn't annoyed that I didn't get there, if she didn't get the message in time. But, if she is, so be it! Apparently there's a lot of construction on 11th Ave SW and I don't favour driving in this weather, during construction blockages!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Susan the color does not come thru so well in the pic but actually we are calling it a dark teal blue ( or green!)

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

guess it Doesn't come out right in the pic then...... it sure looks like a dusty navy blue.
Well, it looks good on you - so true to the era you're portraying.

Is Lougheed house open and decorated for the season? (I can't remember if you said, or what date it's open as of.....)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Open and decorated until Sunday 21st. Check the website for hours.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yikes - that's all? I checked the site, but it says it closes the display this Sunday! I suppose a lot of the volunteers and employees don't want to do the "Christmas thing" too close to Christmas?!?!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

It is only for one week- all the rooms are decorated by professional designers , lots o f the stuff, especially furniture is on loan to the designers from shops and they need to get it all back. Nothing to do with the house staff and volunteers- I expect the designers get pretty busy this time of year..
After that there will be some decorations put up by the staff but nothing quite like this week!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh....... hope I can convince Bob to go on Sunday...... we're busier than heck until then, and that's the Last Day!
truth be told, I need to Get Out Of The House..... going stir crazy.....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.