Happy Birthday RCN48!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope it's a wonderful day!!!

Thumbnail by onewish1
South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day Deb!!

Thumbnail by pixie62560
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Deb! Enjoy your day!

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Hope you have a wonderful Birthday!

Thumbnail by ngam
annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

A very Happy Birthday to a very special lady. Hope you thoroughly enjoy your day!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Debbie, birthday greetings to you. I always think about you when ever I am out by the stream as the plants I got from you have thrived. I need an update on your water feature as well as how are Rick and Phebs? Patti

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, Debbie! Miss you.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Awww...thank you for the birthday wishes :) Yes, sadly I have been MIA for a long time, not only the NE forum but DG as well. I have been so busy all summer with my new "love", working with concrete! I finished my first project by the end of September, just finished my second this weekend, a birthday present to myself, and I've got three more projects in the initial stages in my new workshop in the basement. It's going to be a long winter and I'm prepared to keep busy inside when the weather prevents me from being outside! A few of you have seen this but for those that haven't, this is the hollow concrete sphere that kept me busy this summer!

Patti, you're sweet to ask :) Rick's back is worse than ever but Phoebe is wonderful and loving her new sister, Lucy, who joined the family a year ago. The "water feature" is still on hold, I've been too busy with other projects! I have been thinking about it lately though as I have an idea for another concrete sculpture which would be perfect hanging out beside the "stream". I think Rick has convinced me that a 'dry' stream might be a more realistic approach but that doesn't mean I can't figure out a way to incorporate a fountain - I just want the sound of water! LOL

Thanks again for thinking of me and I'll have to visit more often and keep you posted on my projects :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

wow that is beautiful!!!

Very nice, Debbie!

Southeast, MA(Zone 6b)

Very cool. So nicely finished too.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Beautiful! Love the detail of the leaves!!!

When can I order mine? ^_^

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

I should have known, you couldn't just leave it at "Very Nice". Oh Victor, you haven't changed. :) How much you wanna pay me for it? LOL Actually I'm hoping to be making more over the winter, one that's smaller and one that's MUCH larger!

If you've ever seen pictures of the spheres by Little and Lewis in their "Garden Gallery" book they have sculpted leaves floating in them. I've been on a quest to figure out how to make them and I think I've finally got a plan. In the meantime I was cutting flowers and floating them. :)

Thumbnail by rcn48
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Debbie, so wonderful seeing your creations. I could see doing some so water flowing would through them! Sorry about Rick's back, but thrilled that Phoebs is doing better and that you have a new love, Lucy. Picture needed of the girls. Patti

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

That is just awesome.

Hope you had a great b-day, I was away for a few days and missed it, sorry!

How hard was it to make, Debbie? I'm STILL looking for the right 'oil jar' type vase for a fountain. Been years now!

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Victor, I am thinking, about making some clay sculpture for my garden this winter. But the thinking part is the easy part. Kind of like finding the right jar. The vision thing is easy, but actually stumbling upon what you have in mind or being able to create it is the real work. I can't make anything as large as you would need so I can't volunteer, sorry. I do love what Debbie is doing with cement and now she has my juices flowing about some similar shapes in clay with decorative carved botanical shapes. I also still have some of Ge1836's ideas floating about my head. Patti

Thanks, Patti. I'm sure I will find the right one eventually. Look forward to seeing anything you create.

Lexington, VA(Zone 6a)

Just checking in quickly this morning. They've been after me on the other site to write a "how-to" article for the sphere, it's on my "list"! LOL I do have photos of the whole process so I'll have to start a thread to show you how easy it is and then I can give you an update on what I've been up to for the past year???? And Patti, I'll be sure to post a few pics of Phoebe and Lucy, just for you :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.