Pachypodium succulentum

Yardley, PA

I have had this for years. I love the hole in the trunk.

Thumbnail by Sally0
Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

Another beauti! Enough said.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Hey now
It looks like a cross between a loaf of bread and a hornets nest haha
I love it of course!
Sally doesnt have anything I dont want :P

Yardley, PA

Thanks Malstrom and Little things. Great description Malstrom.

Dandridge, TN(Zone 6a)

Do you trim the branches? It does look awesome! I'm with you Malestrom, I love all her plants!

Yardley, PA

Thanks. I do trim the branches on this and most of my plants. I like the compact look.

Sally..I got 3 babies so far from Adenium multiflorum seeds I planted....I will take pics and post it....also dot pachy's but nothing so far..Huernia, hoodia, stapelia, ordea seeds germinated as well...

Yardley, PA

Wow Little Things, yes, I would love to see the pictures.

Decatur, GA

So where are the pictures?
Helen

Oh sorry helen - if you are speaking to me - Here they are 88days - taken on the 8th Feb. The pachy's never germinated but the others huernia, etc. are doing well.

This message was edited Feb 15, 2011 6:11 AM

Thumbnail by Little_things
Decatur, GA

Thanks Little_Things, those are great looking seedlings.
Helen

Yardley, PA

It is amazing they are that big in just 88 days.

Thanks - yes I am pleased - I do not know how big they should be - but these are strong. I actually took one of the smaller ones on the left out and it had a great looking root system for a small plant. I AM pleased!

Providence, RI

I've been so obsessed with my Adeniums I haven't ventured into Pachypodium world... Seems like a lot of varieties out there to try. Thanks for sharing the pic of yours...

Yardley, PA

The nice thing about Adeniums is that you get lots of flowers which you don't get with the Pachypodium. I do like the caudex on them and they are pretty easy to grow.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.