Too far along?

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Just got these in the mail today, they were to be Christmas gifts. Do you think they are already too far along? I would hate to give a gift plant that had already bloomed.

They are all Benficas.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

I would plant them soon and give them some light.
I don't think they will wait to Christmas.
You could try to put them in the fridge to halt further growth, but I would just get it over with and plant them...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Where did you get them from? I would write to the company and explain what happened, it seems they've been growing longer than just in transit..

Josh

I emailed the company this morning and they are replacing the bulbs.

Waxhaw (Charlotte), NC(Zone 7b)

I ordered 3 amaryllis pre-planted in a pot from amaryllis.com and I have always had good experiences with them.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

Amaryllis Bulb Company has Zombie bulbs on sale for $8.00 each because they are starting to put up scapes. If you are willing to have them bloom ASAP its a decent price. I have had lots of dealings with them, always satisfied. I'm glad they are being up front about whats going on with the bulbs. I think a lot of companies would mail them out at full price and disappoint people who didn't want them so far along.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

If the are ready to bloom ...what is the best way to get them to bloom again ...and how long does it take??

I just snagged some from Lowes..and they are blooming right outta the box...no soil...no water...not much sunlight at all....but the blooms are fixing to open now.....

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

one of the stems just broke off!!!!! OH NO!!!! will it open in water????

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

here's the other one...see how curved they are...will they straighten up??? Right now I have them outside in full sun as they've been deprived of any INSIDE the store...((AND INSIDE THE BOXES))...

Zephyrhills, FL

The curved scapes will almost always straighten up.as long as the light they recieve is mostly overhead. Otherwise, they will lean toward the light.
Del

Monson, MA

Hi! Sorry to hear of all the problems with your bulbs.
I do work for Lowes' part time and they will refund your $$$ for these bad blooms.
It seems we did get a lot of bulbs growing in boxes ( we didn't have this problems in other years ) It must have been bulbs not properly packaged or stored.

Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

shoot...don't bother me none... they are blooming right nice!!! Here's 'Christmas Story'...

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71
Brandon, FL(Zone 9b)

and here she is with two of the Six Star amaryllis that I got the same day....I have them sitting on the hearth with the kids Christmas Trees

Thumbnail by DIRTYGIRL71

Gosh that is pretty, you are so much further along than I am when it comes to holiday decorating. The hipps bloomed for thanksgiving and the next batch wont be ready until after the holidays so my timing was all off this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.