A bloom for today...

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

... amongst the fallen leaves

Thumbnail by Moby
South Hamilton, MA

Do you know which plant? How Jolly!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No idea ~ got it from a little old lady that I know. Probably came from Shreiners or some other catalog many years ago. She also gave me a peach-colored rebloomer.

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Wow so nice to see this time of year. Thanks Moby.

Bakersfield, CA

I wonder if it's ROSALIE FIGGE. Mine is blooming right now.

Thumbnail by Betja
Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

It does look like it doesn't it? I love the contrast with white, LOVELY.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Sure looks like it could be. We hard a hard frost last night so I cut it to bring inside. Here is a pic to see the whole stem and bud placement.

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

And a close-up of the beard. Still think it's Rosalie?

Thumbnail by Moby

Harvest of Memories is blooming all over my yard.
She's not as beautiful as a lot of other irises, but she's branched and fragrant and everywhere....

Thumbnail by
Bakersfield, CA

Boy, I don't know. I was mainly going on the fact that they were quite similar and are reblooming at around the same time, but I'm certainly not an expert...

Here's my favorite fall/winter rebloomer -- AGAIN AND AGAIN. This picture was taken a few days ago, and right now I have 3 out of 5 stalks in bloom. And every time I get near the plant I always think I smell grape Koolaid!

Thumbnail by Betja
Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

This is what wished me good morning today. Red Revival, Preston, 1975.

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Nice. :)

Bakersfield, CA

Very nice!

Boaz, KY

I love that, Peg!! Is it a rebloomer? Or just confused -- lol!! Wondering if you have an extra rhizome or two that need a new home?

Houghton Lake, MI(Zone 4b)

Love to see rebloomers! Thanks everyone. They are all very pretty.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Red Revival's popularity must have come and gone quickly in the 1970's because the only comments on it are the ones I've added to DG plant files. It is listed as a RE. I planted it fall of '08 and it bloomed spring & fall '10. It is listed as a TB but perhaps because it gets some shade, it is more like an IB in my garden. It remains to be seem whether it will be a reliable RE or a once in my lifetime. I'm sure going to try to keep it happy. :-) Depending on how it grows this year, I would consider trading for another RE.

Peg

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Boaz, KY

Oooooh goody!!! I just so happen to have a fine stand of *Feedback* -- which will need thinning next Summer. I posted a picture of it not long ago on one of these threads. If you're not familiar with it, I'll try to find it for you. :-D

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

oooohhhhh

Spicer, MN

Red Revival doesn't look like a rebloomer! It's beautiful! Up here in Zone 4, the rebloomers are smaller & some times deformed.
Thank you Peg!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I agree, IF there is a rebloom, it's usually just before a frost. Then it's off color and the buds dry up after cutting. Still looking good here ~

Thumbnail by Moby
Boaz, KY

My rebloomer had great big beautiful full-colored flowers. And it bloomed prodigously -- twelve or thirteen stalks, with many many buds and blossoms. When we had a hard freeze a couple nights ago, I cut the last three stalks and brought them inside. They have continued to bloom indoors -- but with smaller blossoms. No different than my Spring bloomers!

I had another rebloomer bloom in the Summer -- Champagne Elegance. It wasn't as enthusiastic as Feedback, but did bloom nicely.

Bakersfield, CA

You know, I still think that's ROSALIE FIGGE. Here's the first picture I took of it, more in the shade.

Thumbnail by Betja
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Could be! :)

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

This is Bernice's Legacy picked today since the nights are getting nippy. It grew in a friend's garden -- grew a little crazy with 9 buds!
Peg

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx
Bakersfield, CA

Very pretty!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

That is very pretty! And blooms so late, too late for us, yesterday at 7am it was 20° here. I have a problem with TBI that have too many buds on one stem, if I don't get out there and remove the older flowers, the emerging buds won't open properly. I'd rather have fewer buds or longer stems. Chiffon Ruffles is one that will do that every time.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Today I cut my last bouquet for the season ~ a bunch of tall snapdragons.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I took this photo yesterday. Only one stalk but it has six potential blooms. Looks like only three to four will open. No name tag..

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Close up.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon
Bakersfield, CA

Looks like that FALL RERUN maybe blooming again...

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Entirely different place. But you may be right. You know 10x more than I do.

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

It's difficult to tell from photos but does it look like Clarence? Clarence usually reblooms for me but not this year. See DG plant files:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/288898/

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I wish it did. The multi colored blue is beautiful. It is mostly solid lavender. I will try to get a better photo tomorrow.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

My rebloomer, Honey Scoop

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Such a soft coloring, I like to get close to view he details

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Very lovely. Thanks for posting.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

I love the closeups, it gets to the heart of a flower's beauty. I really like the coloring in Honey Scoop.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

This is the same iris I posted several weeks ago. It has taken this long for the other bloom to open. Two more still on the bottom but we are getting a freeze tomorrow night. Probably will not make it.

South Hamilton, MA

Bring the stalk inside?

Midland, TX(Zone 8a)

Autumn Wine has 2 stalks jumbled together. The first bloom opened today ------- finally.

Thumbnail by Pegwesttx

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.