Green Elephant Plant Swap on November 6

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

From 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the parking lot behind the Holy Cross Church in Redmond:

http://www.holycrossredmond.org/Rector/GreenElephant

http://www.holycrossredmond.org/Directions

We'll be there, rain or shine!

Mountlake Terrace, WA(Zone 8a)

As will I.

I have already cut and dug up some Crocosmia 'Lucifer' bulbs, some Ophiopogon planiscapus 'Nigrescens' or Black Grass rooted offsets and some Red Hot Poker offsets potted up. Probably have more when I get there.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

So, Patti and I are going to be there....... Me just as a passenger with empty pockets, nothing to trade or share and no place to put anything I might get, yet.... but it will be fun to meet some people maybe and see what kinds of "extras" are on offer! :)

There are always extras, especially if bribed, but at leaving time no one wants what they came with.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

So is this an annual event?

Yep annual like the 4th of July.

so who is coming?

And if you are a DGer try to have a nametag with your DGname and Real Name to ID you. I am so bad with names. I will bring some stickers. Loading the jeep tonight.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Just walking around looking goofy and lost isn't good enough?

:)

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

It is good most of the time.

Lake Stevens, WA

Ok guys, what did you pack home from the swap. Tell us all about your great finds.

ME? I gave away a dozen pots of Black Mondo grass and about the same in mature bulbs of Crocosmia Lucifer. I was also surprised what a hot topic my Red Hot Poker was, I came home with nothing I brought, and I limited the Mondo Grass to one per person.

But I scored a good bunch
-The Brug I wondered about in another thread.
-A cyclamen I had not seen before
-A hardy Geranuim I had not seen before
-Epiphyllum oxypetalum bigger than I have
-An Aster the reverend recommended
-Another Japanese Anenome
-A herb Kn________ the Japanese Anenome lady recommended
A handful of Garlic sprouts.

If I had a bigger garden growing I could have taken so much more, and if I had more time I could have given away so much more.

In all it was quite a deal, it wrapped up before noon, lots of people had cookies and donuts and were new to the GE, saw a few DGers but mostly new people. It was a good time, Next time I am going to have big signs for all my plants, so I can spend more time away from my Jeep.

I almost took some Crocosmia from the church but got worried about getting mixed up plants from crossing. Learned about strawberry maintence from someone who had plenty of starts. I wish that everybody I knew from a few years ago was there for a little more companionship, but it was worth every momemt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.