Can you smell me?

barmera, Australia

I'm beautiful but boy do I pong. lol I'm called Dracunculus vulgaris. Colleen

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010 1:03 PM

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Clifton Springs, Australia

Yes I can smell you from here and boy do you bring the flies along...but I fixed you by taking out the the black spathe in the center...no more pong. Aren't the stems lovely, Colleen?

West of Brisbane, Australia

A good achievement, but that is one flower I'm glad *not* to be able to smell LOL
... you'll be queen of the flies while that pong lasts :-)

barmera, Australia

You can smell it as soon as you turn in my driveway about 20mts away. At least the blowies aren't bothering to try to get inside while that smell's outside. The flower is about 2' long and about 8-10" across. Colleen

Brisbane, Australia

Its an amazing flower. I've never seen one, but occasionally hear about one. Good one for down the back by the sounds of it. Yet beautiful in its special way.

Karen

Merino, Australia

Lovely Colleen. Mine is nearly out. Always a bit later here . I have it in the shadehouse at the side so no smell annoys me near the house. I find it not so strong unless it is quite a hot day.
Jean.

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Colleen, it barely seems like a year ago that "Drac" was out!
Looks great. Wonder if it will be still going for Halloween? :)

Ours are still in pots and looking miserable. Had planned to plant them in the far back corner where the annoying neighbor lives...

barmera, Australia

Wayne that sounds like an excellent idea.lol Jean it was quite warm here today but we've had a little rain and it's much cooler now. Colleen

Kat needs one of those for her next door neighbour and it might scare the Turkeys away.

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

nien!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.