Your opinion on Faucet Position Please

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

We are doing a Kitchen remodel. Granite countertops and an undermount sink are part of the remodel. The sink /cabinet is in front of a window so there isn't much space behind the sink before the window wall begins. Front to back the cabinet isn't deep enough to allow the sink that I would like (side to side is fine.) I am considering either the Blanco or Swanstone granite/composite. The granite planned as countertolps has certain installation requirements and must have set backs to assure stability for the granite. Postioning the faucet in a traditional position (center of sink along the back end) doesn't leave enough room to get the large sink that I would like ---placing the faucet along the right hand facing the sink will. The faucet will extend over pretty far into the sink (as it would in the traditional back of the sink position) The spray is a pull down from the faucet output. I can't see any reason why I should not / could not put it along that right side. Do you have any experience with non-traditional faucet positioning in your kitchens? Any thoughts or considerations that you would have if you considered similiar? The temp adjustment is on the faucet (one lever type) so I would not have to reach over or around running water if I want to adjust. I will post this in other forums that might be appropriate. Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!