I.D. Please

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My sister-in-law recently moved into the house beside me and brought her beloved clem with her. She has only seen it bloom the year she bought it and asked me for some advice. I told her what I know(not much!), I helped her plant it, explained they like to be fertilized and their roots kept cool, so for her to mulch well. She did all this in June and was extremely pleased to see this in Sept.!!
Now a question....how to I.D.? I did not dare take a guess as I am not that familar w/the different kinds of clematis. I also thought that this flush of blooms it is having late in the season may not be a normal cycle for this particular clem and could be the result of just being happily planted finally!! LOL
So i'm asking for this forums valued opinion, any guess? Will it be hard to I.D. now, and easier next year when it's settled in? Any and all comments will be most welcomed. ^_^
TYIA,
Pixie

Thumbnail by pixie62560
W of Cleveland, OH(Zone 5a)

I don't know that much about clematises either, but that sure is a pretty one. Very healthy looking too.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dathen!!
No one wants to venture a guess?

Athens, PA

I was thinking Comtesse de Bouchaud - http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=130

Not positive on that though....

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

That does look like it!! Thank you!!!!!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

That's what I was going to say too because I have that variety and she'll love it once it gets established.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Pippi, good to know!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.