Starting a fungus????

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I have possibly 100 iris that are cleaned & trimmed and are starting to get a green/blue fungus on them....can I plant them? we have had one frost, not a hard one, just 39 degrees.....Thank you for your guidance.....Deb

Winnsboro, TX

Deb, I suggest you dip them again in a bleach solution about 10 % bleach and 90 % water. Let them dry and then try planting them. I personally would not plant them without dipping them in the bleach. But others may not find that to be a problem. If you can't do that, you can just mail them to me since it's still nice and warm here in TEXAS. LOL
Good luck and I hope that they do well for you.
Marian

lewiston, ID(Zone 6a)

I'm just so sorry I've procrastinated as long as I have!!!! I planted alot in August, some in September & now here I am with a whole lot of them and really no place to put them.....that's part of the delay.....I will dip them, I"m cutting the ones with worst of it to throw away, hoping the bleach dip will even re hydrate them.....I love them so much, don't know why this has gone on so long.....thank you for your encouragement, Marian!!! PS: Marian is about my very favorite name....

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

That was very sneaky Marian! LOL I agree with Marian, do soak them in the bleach water. We had the same 'where do we put them problem.' Unfortunately DH never did get Bed #3 dug and replanted, AGAIN this year! Poor things are being choked out by grass, but we have run out of time, as winter is sneaking up on us rapidly.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well, Vegas is even warmer and better than Texas but I would have to plant therm in my neighbors garden. No an inch left in mine.

Winnsboro, TX

Yelp Sharon your place is full to the brim. I still have a few acres that don't have any plants on them. Of course the horses pasture land is getting smaller and smaller. They don't need that much 30+ acres is more than enough grazing for them critters. I need more for my gardening madness. Now if I could just keep up with the weeding that would be amazing.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I do not get weeds. I have no gophers or anything that burrows. Maybe I live in paradise.

Winnsboro, TX

Well I must admit that your place is Paradise because I have actually been your guest for several days. I loved the mountains in the background and the dusting of snow they had while we were there. Of course I don't know how well I'd like it to live there year round. I have a feeling it was hotter there this year than it was here in Texas. Of course I don't think you have all the humidity that we do. I love the spring/summers here with our very lovely Texas Bluebonnets covering the highways along with tons of Red Indian Paint Brushes. However if I had the option I'd probably choose to live in your "MANSION" and leave my shanty shack to some needy family. Oh Sharon, you have it soooooo rough, LOL When I die I want to come back as Verns Cat or one of your dogs. (big fat grin)

This message was edited Oct 20, 2010 6:23 PM

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Sounds like a plan to me! ^_^

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

You are disclosing my secrets.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.