Blooming now

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Just thought I'd show what's in bloom now-we are not having ideal weather here,have had very overcast rainy weather for weeks & weeks-conditions that are not conducive for good Oleander blooming as the continual rain tends to spoil the blooms. This is not our normal sunny dry spring but we have been in drought for so long I guess we can't complain-it makes for a pleasant change anyway even if today has been cold and windy..

Thumbnail by brical1

This one has a beautiful fragrance.

Thumbnail by brical1

Here it is again

Thumbnail by brical1

This one has nice big blooms -see how they've been spoiled by the continual rain..they're only out for a day or two and spoil..

Thumbnail by brical1

Blue sky background.

Thumbnail by brical1

This one is *Souvenir d’Auguste Roger*, to me it looks the same as* Alsace* it's in the lightest shade of Pink-from a distance it appears to be white.It does look beautiful when in full bloom.

Thumbnail by brical1

Mrs George Roeding

Thumbnail by brical1

Again

Thumbnail by brical1
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I want that NOW.........

It's available there Sharon.It shouldn't be too hard for you to find.I have lots of cuttings on the go now from a plant at least 60yrs. If you were closer I would happily send you some.

Thumbnail by brical1

This is the same plant as posted in the 4th pic from the top,now with the sunny weather the blooms are blemish free.

Thumbnail by brical1

It has large individual blooms

Thumbnail by brical1
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

OK, young lady. Please tell me where I can purchase them. I found Louisiana Durio Nurseries but there is no web site and they do not answer e-mails or phone calls.

I did get Hawaii from Almost Eden. But I have a list of 7 named and cannot find where to purchase. I did find websites for two companies in Australia.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated. Especially a website you can order from. Almost Eden does not have what I want.

Sharon,try Aloha Tropicals they have Mrs G Roeding along with others. http://www.alohatropicals.com/NeriumOleanders.html.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Thank you you so very much. I found and ordered Mrs. Roeding, Turner Shari and another Hawaii. But I am still looking for Mrs. Burton, Mrs. Isadore Dyer, Mrs. Eugene Fowler, Mrs. Runge and Mrs. Lucille Hutchings.

But that is OK, it gives me something to do.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I also go a Apple Blossom, also known as n. splendens, from Almost Eden. I forgot about that one. They are beautiful plants. I am going to plant them Monday into 1 gallon pots and keep them in the house or greenhouse for the winter. I can keep an eye on them better in the house and I have a great spare bedroom with two large windows and one french door with great light.

Just how cold do your winters get to be?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

We have a freeze for about 3 days. We hover the majority of the time in the mid 40s as a low. I am going to plant them in pots and move them inside or in the greenhouse.

My neighbor has normal single bloom oleanders and they get nipped in the worst part of winter but come right back. Dead or damaged leaves are just removed.

Sugarland, TX(Zone 9a)

I have various Nerium Oleander plants some are dwarf medium to 8 feet. My problem is lack of flowering in almost all of them. Can you guide asto what soil condition is neede? Will appreciate any help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.