What would you do with this?

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

At a yard sale today, I saw this beautiful light fixture whose glass cover was broken or lost. It measures about 18 x 34 inches. And it's made of metal. It's very decorative. It would really be nice in my tuscan style kitchen, but I don't know if I could cut some plexiglass or something to for it's cover. I already have a nice big florescent light in the kitchen so I might would rather do something artistic with this. I don't even know if it works. I got it for $1.

My first thought was that I'd cut some plywood and paint a sign on it and use this metal fixture as a frame for the sign for my gardens.

Another thought was to do a similar thing but then add legs and use it as a table.

I just really love the decorative look of it, so what would you do with it? I like the idea of using it outside since it's metal and would be rather weatherproof. Any ideas?

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 25 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!