CLOSED: October Houseplant / Tropicals Swap - Send & Receive

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1130584/

Our guildelines are like they were last Spring.

1. Send a minimum of three (3) healthy Houseplants and/or Tropicals. Try to keep the value of your plants around $20.

2. Feel free to divide plants you already have and value your divisions like they were new plants you'd buy at a nursery. If you're shy on houseplants, now's a great time to take advantage of sales.

3. You may include rooted cuttings and/or bulbs, although these will be considered Bonuses and won't count toward the minimum of the three plants you share.

4. Other optional garden related items could include a water globe, a mini gardening flag, a whimsical garden stake, a pair of gardener’s gloves, plant markers, fertilizer sticks, or a gardening book or magazine.

5. Please Priority Mail your package by Monday, November 1st if at all possible. Sooner if you can out of respect for our Northern and Mid-Western Friends.

6. Do NOT post any tracking numbers directly on our thread. Instead D-mail each. That way we all maintain a level of privacy.

7. If you're not in the Addy Exchange, provide your mailing info to your Buddy through D-mail.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

RESERVED FOR PARTICIPANTS

You will send to and receive from Partners as follows:

bluepoppy received < --- > froggies_girl received
careyana received < --- > FruitOfTheVine received
chellflower < --- > GAgirl1066 received
ClanCampbell received < --- > Cville_Gardener received
happgarden received< --- > joeswife received
Kwolflady < --- > rvnsbrk
roxxanne < --- > Tina_A received

Here's our previous thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1130584 to check your Partner's likes / wants / dislikes. It might be a good idea too to take a peek at our regular DG lists for more hint, hint, hints.

Let the digging begin and let's have fun!

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 8:59 PM

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Fruity.

(Chris) Des Moines, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm at the local library using their computer LOL!! Boy, will I be glad to get internet at my house :)

Me and Carole.. woohoo!!!

Better go check out some other stuff :)

(Carey) Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

I sure hope I don't make a mess. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I know what you mean, careyana. This is my first live plant swap and I'm concerned about the mailing, but I gotta start somewhere. I figure the things will recover and regrow, if nothing else. ;-) And my buddy, ClanC, is sooooo nice and understanding. Takes away a bit of the trepidation. Enjoy!

Howdy Pardner! Ask anybody here who's traded or swapped with me and they'll tell you I'm easy to please and am happily amused with any new leafy thing.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Fruitcake! Don't know much about my partner but boy do I have a selection to send. :))

If I can manage my idea, you will be one happy lady!

Ocean Springs, MS

Great! I can start getting plants together for my partner! Lots of fun. love, julie

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey, ClanC, I know your internet access is bit wonky right now, but next time you're on here please let me know if you have a window in your kitchen and, if so, which way does it face?

Your bud,
Carole

This message was edited Oct 13, 2010 6:12 PM

Sounds like there's lots of hints floating around :)

Long day, gals. Mickey got groomed this morning and then I spent the PM with my MIL. How can just eating lunch and driving around running errands wipe me out?
At least Mickster took a nap.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Oh Mickey's adorable!

Your package is about 1/3 ready. LazLo is a patient and superb teacher. :)

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I agree, Lazlo is great.
Gee, I don't have a thing on my partners want list. Dang it.

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

I got a box that will fit that darling little dog Fruitcake. His little feline siblings would be glad to see him. :0)

Karen I have all your goodies together and I actually have labels. Won't mail until Monday since I don't like to let things sit wherever over the weekend.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

OMG there are some fast women on here, already have boxes ready, talking about mailing, holey moley, I'm in trouble....rofl. Maybe I can catch up since I am on vacation tomorrow.....but probably not. I am more like Mickey, taking a nap and laying back.

Calling all newbies we are so easy on here, it is a good place to learn. It is still scary sometimes when I send, but everyone is soooo nice. If you like what your sending your buddy will like what your sending, least that is what I hope...rofl.

Debra, don't you worry you just send me what you like, I didn't know I liked brugs until someone gave me one, or ee's, or 3/4 of the plants I have so I am sure you have things I have never thought of......

So excited....don't think Debra has ever been my swap bud....

I got your plants and I know you're gonna like them, na na na na naa.. HEHE.
You better get your windows, woman... Lookie here at my bloom tonight..
Ain't she so special..

Thumbnail by joeswife
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice shot, Debra. I have some Datura seeds drying for next year. I luv moon vines.

Maybe if I get my box off Monday, I'll be able to see my dining table again. ;-)

I've forgotten my link to the addy exchange. Can someone please post that again?

Trust me Neener, you'd send him back COD. And, happ, I'm not one of the early birds either. Don't really think I've ever been...lol

Carole, Go to your "My Info" page and look to the left for "Extras". Addy exchange is on the Extras page. Let me know if that works. Still trying to get the cobwebs out of my head this morning, darn sinus attack again.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, I'll try that. I can never remember where it is. :-o

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Debra, ok thats not fair...rofl. Gotta watch you women out in the frontier, I had better get with it. fotv glad I am not alone out here. What a pretty brug, I think I have one setting seed. I will have to watch and see what happens. Still got versi blooming it's heart out in the solar room, it has been blooming for a long time now. I know Debra I want that glass but it would be sooo much easier if I can get the big fellow to go along easily instead of kicking and fighting. Gotta get out my diplomatic side and charm going...rofl.

I went out once today but it was too cold for me outside and since all the windows were open in the garden room not much warmer in there. Really wet grass this morn.

Carole for a couple of years, I had the hardiest time keeping up where that addr was also, just didn't click where to go to find it.

Ok, gonna go back out with a coat this time...

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I found the AddyEx. Yeah, rather than thinking I'm becoming a slower learner, I choose to believe that as we grow older we have accumulated so much information that we sometimes forget where in our brain we have stored it. LOL.

There's so much stuff on DG it's easy to get lost or not remember how to get back somewhere. Anytime folks have questions, Carole, there's always someone who can help. Scrambled brains.....that's what I call mine and I forgot how to hurry a long time ago.

OK Carey, I found two things for you today and am working on the third, and maybe a couple of extras. If I get on a roll your box will go out Monday or Tuesday. Once I get on a roll, it's all downhill...lol

FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Carole I call them "access errors". It's all in there, I just can't get to it as fast anymore. What a day. Golf tournament in the blowing cold wind. I don't do cold wind very well anymore.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how I can be gone for 8 hours and be 2 days behind. I gotta figure out how to simplify somehow. YIKES!!

Fruit Loopy please take care of those sinues. It's that time of the year when the weather is all over the place and that makes it worse.

I should have my box ready on Monday. I keep finding things I want to put in there and now I'm thinking I might need a bigger box. :))

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I must remember that, Neener ... "Access Errors", yes indeedy, that's what it is. ;-) And when you figure out how that "gone one day, fall two days behind" situation occurs, I'd like to know that too. It's a complete puzzlement to me how that happens ... and so frequently it seems.

I'm glad I'm not the only who keeps adding to their buddy's box. I'd better shoot for Monday mailing before I can't get the things in the box I have. This swap is a lot of fun!

Coat weather over there, huh Happ? We're still warm and dry as a bone. Three Chinese cheers for that ... phooey, phooey, phooey.

Fruit - your box is labeled 1-6. :)

Thank you, Carey. Is LazLo driving the truck?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Who is this Lazlo???

Fruit - I'm not sure what you mean by the truck?

Cville - LazLo is a fellow Austinite, a master gardener, prolific trader, and super guy. :) (He spends a lot of his time on the Texas board)

you can get a good view of Lazlos personality by going to the seed trading forum and reading thru his threads open or closed. I enjoy him as a fellow DGr, and really am crazy about my tropicman here in my area. It is nice to have friends within driving distance who like to talk plants and gardening. Most people get really bored or act like they are suffering if I talk gardening. Sheese!

Thumbnail by joeswife

Just teasing he might be driving the mail truck. He does everything else...lol

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I've seen the name on some of the forums ... and now I know who that is. You can say that again, Debra, people often get that glazed over stare look when I go bonkers over a bloom ... or over the 5 BST cats I just recently found amid my parsley. ;-)

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
FLOYD, VA(Zone 6a)

Carole those are gorgeous caterpillars. Yeah I've seen the glazed over look too. I liked your Chinese cheer. :0) Too funny.

LOL! Now I get your meaning Fruit! :)

It's too bad my DH gets that glazed over look. Of course, he has subjects that I'm sure I do the same!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, all the cats are still present and accounted for today. ;-) As I said somewhere else around here, now I'm a caterpillar herder! Now that should get some glazed over looks! :-D)))

1-6, does that mean they have to be opened in that order??? Intriguing.

cville- lol! No, I put in an inventory in case there was confusion on anything. :)

Speaking of glazed over - I got back from the Buda swap and was telling DH all that I brought home...lol!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nosey, aren't I? :-)

cville - LOL! No worse than me! :) I'll be pestering everyone to find out what kind of goodies they received!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Me too. We DG girls are just too much alike! ~giggle~

This message was edited Oct 16, 2010 4:42 PM

Speaking of which, I think I'm personally supporting one of our neighborhood nurseries. Is it bad when the workers remember you? lol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.