Mid/Long Arm Info

Fleming Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Thought we could start a new thread to pass on hints & lessons learned among the LA quilters. I'll add this thread to the Helpful Hints thread.

Since these machines run at such a high speed they can be a bit more "tempermental" than a regular sewing machine. There are many brands out there but they all basically work the same.

I have found that getting the correct thread tension is very important. That said, I've also learned, that when trying a "new" thread it's best to put it in either top & bobbin, but not both until you get the tension adjusted where you put it 1st. So, thread the top & do some sewing. Make sure your machine "likes" the thread. I have a couple spools that my machine just doesn't "like".

And, when you change the needle, leave the existing thread in. Do some sewing to make sure the needle is in correctly. These also are a bit more difficult to get in exactly straight.
And, speaking of LA, I have 2 projects I have to finish this AM.

This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!