Vegetables - Spring

Sunshine Coast, Australia

Has anyone tried the Topsy Turvy tomato planter?

I have read good and bad reports.
I would like to know if you have tried them and what was your opinion?

In the meantime I thought I would go for something in between.

Will keep you updated.

This message was edited Oct 8, 2010 7:33 AM

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Brisbane, Australia

Marlene, a good idea. I haven't tried the Topsy Turvy planter. I have started a little vege patch, and have a tomato growing in a pot. It is looking great and though I took off all the flowers when it was smaller, it is now flowering well again and I look forward to my first tomatoes in weeks to come. If everything doesn't drown first.

Karen

My raised vege patch, seedlings growing strongly...squash and zucchini, with a few lettuce to fill in the gaps. Soon there may not be any gaps......

Thumbnail by DawnSong

Loving the veggies!
too cold so far but I am starting to plant today ...My cukes tend to get so big they take over.
Nothing better than our own home grown is there?

Karen.... is that an old wheel barrow ?
Chrissy...a pic of your vege garden please.

Brisbane, Australia

Marlene, that is a small raised garden bed from Bunnings. However, I have my herbs growing in an old wheelbarrow. Perfect for that, in fact.

Chrissy, and anyone else with vege patches, would love to see pics.
Karen

This is the wheel barrow...not the best photo but all I have on hand....will see if I can get a better one showing the wheel barrow as well...

This message was edited Oct 8, 2010 11:30 PM

This message was edited Oct 8, 2010 11:31 PM

Thumbnail by DawnSong
Clifton Springs, Australia

I haven't tried the TT planter, Marlene......my tomatoes just grow wherever they find a spot....
Just put in some Spinach...too early for Tomatoes here, unless they are sheltered.
The Spinach is growing in a tin baby bath that I painted inside and out.....I put some Pinks in with them for company.
Dianne

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Brisbane, Australia

I do love the pink bath, Dianne. When the plants are all grown together it will fill up and look stunning. I want one!!!

Karen

Too cold and wet here ...only some herbs doing things and the sweet potatoes ...I will post later when something is really happening.
Love those lifted garden beds for veggies.

Brisbane, Australia

Chrissy, they are wonderful, back saving beds. I love mine. I tried to grow brussels sprouts in the ground here once. The vegetables were the size of peas. A neighbour grew watermelon, they were the size of oranges! Just very poor ground, too hard to dig over. Raised beds are the only way to go here.

Karen

Love the pink bath!

My Salad Bar

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Brisbane, Australia

Love it!

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.