New Bern: Tryon Palace Heritage Plant Sale Fri & Sat

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

It's Mum Fest in New Bern this weekend, and the gardens of Tryon Palace are open to the public without admission fee (for buildings there's still a fee). The Heritage Plant Sale takes place Friday and Saturday, and it's a good one. Locally grown plants and healthy. Greenhouse employees, volunteers, and master gardeners on hand to answer questions and assist. The gardens are beautiful on any day, but they go all out with mums for this event. (If you do buy a ticket, it's for two days).

Here's a link: http://www.tryonpalace.org/indexevents.php#mum

Hoping to go Friday morning.

Entlie

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

It was beautiful for Day 1 of the plant sale (10/8). Bought a beautyberry for a friend, a new rosemary, and a dwarf pomegranate that (hopefully) will produce edible fruit. I had hoped to get a flowering cherry, but they didn't have them this year. Was tempted by a eucalyptus but managed to keep my distance. The Captain took this photo of me with my shopping cart.

This message was edited Oct 8, 2010 4:14 PM

Thumbnail by Entlie
Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

I bet that would be fun - haven't made it down to Tryon in many many years. Congrats on the new rosemary - hopefully it will fill out where your old one is 'fading'. I was able to get some cuttings of a double flowering pomegranate which I am hoping will survive :-) I will wish the best for yours to fruit! It always very difficult at plant sales not to buy more...

New Bern, NC(Zone 8a)

I went back and bought two hardy gloxinia. Couldn't resist. :)

Durham, NC(Zone 7b)

hehehe

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.