Need a recommendation for bulbs

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Can anyone recommend a good place to order bulbs from that has good prices? I've gotten so many bulb catalogs, and they all look great, but who is best? Who has the best prices with quality bulbs? I sure would appreciate any feedback I can get. Thanks.

Karen

Thumbnail by nutsfordaylily
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Always liked Scheepers and Brent & Becky. There are more inexpensive ones out there, though.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Victor. I have Scheeper's catalog. Will order Brent and Becky's.

Karen

Thomaston, CT

I was very happy with the bulbs from Brent & Becky's....this year was the 1st time I ordered from them....quality stuff!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Very happy with Brent and Becky's

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

They sound good. Thanks, guys. Don't know if I'll get a chance to order this year. Really hurting for money lately, but you never know. That could change, maybe sooner than I think. There's still time to plant bulbs.

Karen

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

B&B usually has a late fall sale.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Good to know, Victor. TY.

Karen

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

there is still a coop on cubits for bulbs that ends this week - it is one of mamajacks

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Bill, but don't have the money this week. Maybe will have to wait till next year, but you never know what could happen.

Karen

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Wait for the sales in Nov. Plenty of time to plant bulbs in early Dec if ground isn't frozen hard, which it usually isn't. Or pre-drill with an auger the holes now. Our ground is actually too warm still here to plant tulips and narcissus as they like the ground below 60 degrees at planting time. I won't plant until early Dec.

Sales from Eflowergarden, Brent and Becky, Scheepers are all excellant and are around Thanksgiving if not sooner. Eflower may have some great prices now. Not sure. Hope you find some great deals. Patti

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the advice on that, Patti. I have planted daff bulbs as late as late Dec., and they did fine. That was a very mild winter that year and didn't really get a good freeze till Jan. I will keep an eye out for their sales.

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.