My first crochet project

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

I was trying to kill a couple of weeks so I decided to take up crocheting. I made this 62" x 72" six color afghan using a pattern for a 6" square. It took me 11 days from start to finish. I reversed the pattern half way to change it up a bit. I did practice making a couple of the 6" squares before I started the afghan.

I am starting my second project today and it is quite a bit more difficult but I love a challenge. It will be a Cathedral Rose Window Afghan with a 78" diameter. I am a beginner so I started off with an easy level pattern. Now that I have that one done I will do the intermediate level project. This is my new hobby and I go overboard with every hobby I have ever taken up. In the past two weeks I have bought 4 different sized crochet hooks, three books plus two patterns, about 60 skeins of yarn(picking up another 17 skeins & another hook today) and I bought a knitting machine to learn that as well. I am picking up another knitting machine today to join it to my first one that also has two extensions so I can knit 84" wide pieces. I am learning the knitting machine on my crochet breaks so I can alternate between projects.

Frank

Thumbnail by franknjim
This thread has 28 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!